Goose Hunting Famland Salem/Corvallis

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, Oregon Honker, njonesy_07

Goose Hunting Famland Salem/Corvallis

Postby Feather Buster OSU » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:14 pm

Hey all, I go to Oregon State and I am looking for somewhere to hunt geese in the Corvallis/Eugene/Salem area. I would even be willing to put in some hours of work for a spot to hunt. Please let me know if anyone would be willing to set something up.

P.S. Also wouldn't mind having a place to hunt ducks too!
Thanks! :mrgreen:

-Jimbo
Feather Buster OSU
hunter

Postby younggun19 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:25 am

Hey Jimbo you sound a lot like me. I am also a student at OSU. I love to hunt ducks and geese and I'm really wanting someone to hunt with down there. It shouldn't be tough to find a place to hunt. In my experiences driving around in the valley, pretty much every time I find geese the farmer lets me hunt them. I also tell them that I am willing to do work and that really pleases them, but they never take advantage of me. Also a good place to hunt ducks is EE Wilson. I have never been there, but have read some really good things in magazines predicting this years season. We need to hook up and do some hunting. Keep in touch. I will be at Sauvie Island on the opener but maybe we can go to EE the weekend after.
younggun19
hunter

Postby Feather Buster OSU » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:30 am

Hey man thanks for the reply :salude: . GO BEAVS! Anyway, yeah I have been out there to E.E. Wilson a few times. That is a great place for pheasant, but the ducks don't arive until late in the season when the flood waters rise. Even when they do rise, the hunting is not that great. Fern ridge is where I go down there. I also have hunted sauvies for a few years. I know of a farmer down in corvallis that owns a good portion of the valley there but I haven't gone to talk to him yet. So keep in touch if you find a good place to hunt geese!
Feather Buster OSU
hunter

Boo Beavs

Postby bigwhite » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:48 pm

Just kiddin guys (no serious.:-)

Local spots like EE wilson #2 choice and the Willamette Greenways can get good.

Check out this link and go travel...
http://www.oregonstateparks.org/images/ ... Greenways'

Check them out. I am long gone from there 5 yrs but through college at WOU it gave me many a full bags.

Try the one by Albany - Buena Vista Rd right after a rain... walk in to the left and youll see a pond that holds a lot of birds.
bigwhite
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting