What a morning!!!!!

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

What a morning!!!!!

Postby duckphanaticinpa » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:36 am

Now to some this might be boring but here goes.

This morning I had plan to hunt with SUSKIEDRAKE. I awoke to find the weather report calling for not so nice windy weather. Well, I ended up meeting Suskie for the very first time this morning. He was a little hesitant about taking the boat out due to the possible high winds. Well he did it anyway and man am I glad. we ventured our way out to his favorite spot and set up shop. After about an hour of BSing we finally spotted some birds fly onto the shore across from us. Well after soem agressive calling the birds came over to take a look. It was two pair of Mallards. After shooting all but one of them we went to pick them up. I scooped mine up first and two my surpise it was a double banded reward bird. All in all if it wasnt for the windy conditions we probably would have limited out on geese but we just couldnt get the decoys to sit in the water.

We ended up with four mallards total (in 3 hours). I missed a flock of three to end the day.

After all that I want to thank Suskie for a great hunt. For anyone who knows him. He is a modest guy who acts like he isnt the greatest waterfowl hunter. However after spending the morning with him. He is one of the best i have ever been around with a ton of knowledge.

PICS COMING SOON!
duckphanaticinpa
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:44 pm

Thanks brother I am glad you had a good time !!!!!
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

band

Postby duckphanaticinpa » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:47 pm

ANOTHER NOTE I FORGOT TO SAY IT WAS MY FIRST BAND!
duckphanaticinpa
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:15 pm

but you got two at the same time brother !!!!!

Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

PICS

Postby duckphanaticinpa » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:04 am

duckphanaticinpa
hunter

Postby Pigger » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:02 am

You're supposed to let those banded birds fly for your brothers down river! :laughing:

Congrats!! :thumbsup:
Pigger
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting