Hunting in Berks County

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Hunting in Berks County

Postby maccid » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:58 pm

Well I will be in PA next week. I am curious about duck hunting in PA. Here in DE, there are lotteries to get duck blinds. Is this the case or is it a first come first serve basis. I am looking to hunt around Blue Marsh Lake and need info. Also, can I hunt on Blue Marsh Lake? Thanks for any info in advance.
maccid
hunter

Postby quack4me » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:25 pm

I live and hunt in Berks. Except for county parks being opened for special hunts, you can go just about anywhere. And I'm pretty sure you can hunt waterfoul on Blue Marsh Lake.
Sorry I can't tell much about the lake. I've only fished and hunted small game a few times there. You may find info on where you can and can't hunt there by visiting the US Army Corp's website.
quack4me
hunter

Postby maccid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:19 pm

Hey thanks for the reply. I did go on the Army Corps of Engineers website and from what I can tell, it looks like I am going to be able to hunt there. Their land joins the WMA as well so shouldnt be a problem. I will check into it further when I get there. I have prepared for worse case scenario. I will goose hunt in the fields if I can't duck hunt on the lake. We are supposed to do some other hunting this week as well, so should be fun either way. Once again, thanks for your reply.
maccid
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting