Season is in full swing

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Season is in full swing

Postby suskiedrake » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:07 am

Hey guys how is everyone doing? The season is really getting into high gear, and I am having a great season, I hope you guys all are as well. Post up and share your stories no one is asking for you to give up your spots or localities. I had a great week with blind boat and had some good shoots and and met some great guys from this forum. Tommy toe drag from maryland and I teamed up a couple of times for some good shoots he scored a pintail and a drake hoodie along with a bunch of mallards and geese, I had duckphantic out with me a morning, and he scored on double-banded mallard, And I scored another banded goose. All and all I hope it keeps up like this all year, and I would really like to get Pigger out on the blind boat a day or two. Anyway share your stories and I hope you all have a great and safe season.

Happy Huntin
Drake
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby Pigger » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:05 am

and I would really like to get Pigger out on the blind boat a day or two.

Let's do it!

I can turn you on to some in your face goose action. I shot a triple on the buggers the other day.
Pigger
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:58 am

1000's of ducks up here right now. And once again the guys in the boat blinds can get the where they are flying. The shore blinds are a tough hunt. Got a few stragglers to come in today. It was getting a little frustrating watching flock after flock, dozens at a time fly 200 yards out 100 yards up (if not higher). Suskie, the bluebills you want are here, big time. Just need to talk them down. We let a hen bufflehead fly into the dekes, she just sat there swimming around, go out 50-60 yards and swim back in. The bay is starting to ice up around the edges, but that won't last since they are saying that is going to be 65 degrees for the 1st day of deer. Stupid weather.
Snaph
hunter

River Hunts

Postby h2ofowler84 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:35 pm

Had a great last three days on the river. Between 4 guys we got 1 Lesser Scaup Drake, 1 Hoodie Hen, 2 Greenwing Teal Drakes, 1 Ringneck Drake, 2 Bufflehead Hens and 4 Mallard Drakes and 2 hens. Also saw good numbers of other Bufflehead, Pintails, and still a few Woodies around. I cant thank suskiedrake enough for giving me a few canvasback dekes to put out, and for letting me use his gas can and line today when ours on the second boat went out. We will have to plan a day were just the two of us can out JW. Hope everyone has a good rifle season.
Talk the Talk
h2ofowler84
hunter

Crawford County

Postby Gibber » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:34 pm

Had the opportunity to hunt geese yesterday with a few old friends, and ducks today with my father and friends. THE BIRDS ARE HERE!

Shot a limit of geese yesterday.... a 10 min PM hunt. AND I shot my first band... or should I say bands. 1 single & 1 DOUBLE banded goose.

Had to break ice on the lake I hunted this morning. Didnt plan on so much ice ... and slush! Opened a 10 x 15 hole. We ended up shooting 1 Ruddy Duck and 4 Mallards. Missed my Daddy Pintail Ohhhhhh. Saw plenty of Black Ducks, Pintails, and many more unidentifiables.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the weather.... too bad it wont last long!
Cut em' up
Gibber
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting