Last Friday amd Saturday

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Last Friday amd Saturday

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:32 pm

Went out Friday Morning for a Little Hunt with a Buddy and his 14 year old Son and his Friend.
We had Ducks work the Spread and Fired many Shots.
I have to say, I wasn't up to "Snuff" on my Shooting and missed alot.

I called alot of shots for the Boys that were WELLL within Shooting Range and they didn't conect!

We went home Empty Handed, but I did Tech both Boys something that they will Remember for along time. When Someone Goes to Pull the Decoys, Be on your Toes, those Ducks are always going to fly! And Fly they did, but they didn't hit any!

Saturday found us at the same spot.

My other Buddy and I set up around 6 am and waited it out, my Buddy with the son and friend came in around 7 am and set in for about a 2 hour hunt.

We wanted these 2 boys to get something so we did alittle calling to 2 Canada Geese that were flying up River....They Honked acouple of times and Kept Going for Suskyducks location up river!

They didn't want anything to do with us and kept flying North.

Well, about an hour later here comes what we think were the same geese.

They set down about 70 yards below the Decoys and started to honk.

I pulled the 2 boys to a Big Oak Tree and had my 1 buddy Honk to them to try and get them to swim into the Decoys.

Well, these 2 geese decided they wanted to be friends with those plastic decoys and in they came.

I was explaining to the 2 boys on which goose each should shoot when I told them to shoot.

Next thing I know, here come a big old flock of about 30 geese Down River, My 1 Buddy hollered, get them Kids a Goose before they Fly with that Flock.

I told the Boys to shoot and they did as I told.

I Didn't have the Dog along to retrieve the Geese that day and My 1 Buddy and I ended up Tip Toeing out to get 1 goose and Drove a Mile down Stream to get the other!

The Smiles on each Boys Face Said it all!

I'm Glad we got them the Geese!

Been trying to do this for Shane for 2 years now and his Friend just happened to be along on the Second day at the Right Time!

Smiles from Ear to Ear on Both Boys!

If I could do it Everyday, I'd take a Youngin Hunting for Waterfowl and let them do the Shooting.......The Feeling you get when you know you got a Kid interested in the Sport is Priceless!
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby Fili » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:28 pm

I Just want to let you know that goose season is closed right now. Maybe you ought to teach the boys the seasons and even though it can be very tempting sometimes you must obey the law.
I'd rather be hunting than talking to you here.
Fili
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:50 pm

Fili wrote:I Just want to let you know that goose season is closed right now. Maybe you ought to teach the boys the seasons and even though it can be very tempting sometimes you must obey the law.

UM, Read your Regs Again!!!!!

I'm WEST of Route 743!!!!

Hunted on the West Shore of the Susquehanna River!!!!

Goose Went out Last Saturday, The Saturday After Thanksgiving, the Saturday Before the First Day of Rifle Season!

They Don't come Back in till December 9!

1 Thing I don't do is teach kids to Break the law!!!

We were within the Law!

Took place 11/26/05!

That was Last Saturday.

Guess I over typed that in my Post!!!
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:11 pm

Its good to hear the kids got the geese. The first time I read I thought the same as Filli though thanks for the clarification.
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby Fili » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:16 pm

sorry for the misunderstanding. :thumbsup:
I'd rather be hunting than talking to you here.
Fili
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:43 pm

suskiedrake wrote:Its good to hear the kids got the geese. The first time I read I thought the same as Filli though thanks for the clarification.

Guess, My Last Friday and Saturday and Everyone Elses is Different! LOL

I typed it out on Sunday and looked at it as last Friday and Saturday, If it had been 12/3/05, I would have said Yesturday and Friday LOL

Suskie, I see you shot a Teal???

How many have you seen?

We hunted below the Falls there in Marysville both Friday and Saturday. Friday, I thought we had Green Wings Buzz us! I KNOW, we had about 12 woodducks buzz the Blind!

That Friday was Windy! We saw alot of Birds! GoldenEyes, Mallards, Blacks, Hooded and Common Merganzers, Woodducks, and what I thought were the Green Wings Early in the Morning Buzz us!

Were you out that Friday and Saturday??
You Still Hunting with Houser??
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting