Is this true?

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Is this true?

Postby Troutslayer » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:26 pm

"Pennsylvania Law requires 250 sq. inches of blaze orange on hat, vest and back combined" I read it at a site dedicated to guided duck hunting. Tell me that you don't have to wear blaze orange in the duck blind. That would suck.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:29 pm

Trout, the orange is for deer and small game. I think small game is just 100 square inches, unless that got changed, somebody help me out with that, I know my small game coat has enough so i never worried about it.
No. We don't have to wear orange while duck hunting, ever. However I put on a orange hat walking back to the flooded timber during Bow season, then take it off while hunting.

BTW I have been to Missoula, nice place. Almost moved out there years back. I had a friend in Alberton (I think that is the name of the town) I know it was right off of I 90.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:09 pm

small game is the same as Rifle Deer, Bear and Elk. 250 Square inchs Combined Head and Chest and Back. Visable 360Degrees.
100 Square inchs on your head for Groundhogs and it must be Solid not Camo Orange.

Were is this Site??

Someone has their Wires all Crossed over, Backwards and Forward!

There is NO Fluorescent Orange Required for Waterfowl!!
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:12 pm

Snaph wrote: I think small game is just 100 square inches, unless that got changed, somebody help me out with that, I know my small game coat has enough so i never worried about it.

Snaph,

You better worry about it if a WCO Catchs you without a Hat on!

That Coat isn't Enough!

Read Pages 78,79 and 80 of the PA Hunting and Trapping Digest.
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:21 pm

Woody...great to have you back! Of course I have an orange hat on. I ment that besides my hat, I have enough orange on my coat to keep me legal. I should have clarified that. Getting shot is not in my long term plans.
:thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:31 pm

Snaph wrote:Woody...great to have you back! :

Thanks, It is great to be back!

NOW, all I have to do is PM Admin tomorrow and get my Regular name back without this stupid 2 following me around!

Maybe, I can get my Job back aswell, I hope!

Them People Eating Tastey Animals (NOT) had me alittle Ticked today and I wanted to Wack them but Couldn't!

Ofcourse, Admin2 was Lurking and got them Fast!

:thumbsup:
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:22 am

Ditto Snaph, Woody! Glad to see you again! It's been too long. Even w/ that "2" after, it's good to see your name in a thread again. Hope that all is well.
Mark
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting