12 more

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

12 more

Postby Pigger » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:07 pm

Went to my buddy Gooseblitz's spot this morning and shot 12 geese and 4 mallards between three of us. Gooseblitz, my son and I. Saw a pile of both canadas and ducks. Most of the ducks would not work our goose spread. A few did. Unfortunately I forgot the field duck decoys this morning or we probably would have had several more ducks.

Don't have the pics just yet. I had to use a 35mm camera this morning.
Pigger
hunter

Postby mfetter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:46 pm

The camera is more fun than the gun sometimes. I have been froze out on the delaware with temps in the mornings around -5. I am having problems finding the ducks. What do you do different to camo the bild for snow? If I put out my layout the way it is the geese wont come near it---Di I need a sheet or some of the snow spray?
If you cant find the duck you hit find someone with a DD.
mfetter
hunter

snow cover for blinds

Postby Decoy shooter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:35 pm

Delta Waterfowl suggests using toilet paper to hide blinds in the snow, I just grabbed some old white bed sheets and cut them in four inch strips. Can't wait to see some pics.
Don't Shoot the Decoys
Decoy shooter
hunter

Postby Pigger » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:46 am

We, my son and I, usually use the spray snow or hide them in some nearby brush but I just ordered two snow covers for our Finisher blinds from Cabelas. They're on sale for $59.99 right now but they are on backorder.
Pigger
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting