Turned them in!

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Turned them in!

Postby Pigger » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:05 am

This morning while we were goose hunting we had two men and two boys come in on the next property and set up to hunt geese. The property is posted and everyone from the area knows that "NOBODY" is allowed to hunt waterfowl there. I walked over and talked to the one guy. I remained calm and was nice about it. I told him that it's posted property and "NOBODY" is allowed to hunt waterfowl. He insisted he was. So I called and reported them to the landowner. They came and made them leave. Next thing I know the guys are up at another posted farm jump shooting the geese off of a pond.

Such a shame that these guys are teaching those kids the wrong way! :thumbsdown:
Pigger
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:52 pm

shame that they were teaching them kids that!

We need things changed with the PGC and this Privite property!

Needs to go the way of WRITTEN Permission!

Not only was it bad teaching the kids to Treaspass, but it was Giving a "Black Eye" to you, me and all other hunters out there!

Was it your "Buddy" Ducker?
Win a Kid over from PETA, teach them the Art of Conservation, not Animal Rights!
PA Needs LEGAL Sunday Hunting!
Woodywoodduck SSD
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby Pigger » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:33 am

No I don't think it was ducker.

I'm sure he knows better!
Pigger
hunter

Re: Turned them in!

Postby thinkducks » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:08 pm

Pigger wrote:This morning while we were goose hunting we had two men and two boys come in on the next property and set up to hunt geese. The property is posted and everyone from the area knows that "NOBODY" is allowed to hunt waterfowl there. I walked over and talked to the one guy. I remained calm and was nice about it. I told him that it's posted property and "NOBODY" is allowed to hunt waterfowl. He insisted he was. So I called and reported them to the landowner. They came and made them leave. Next thing I know the guys are up at another posted farm jump shooting the geese off of a pond.

Such a shame that these guys are teaching those kids the wrong way! :thumbsdown:

:thumbsup: this is becoming more common everytime we go out, I had a guy insist he had permission and pointed to my house and said he was friends with the guy who lived there...NOT... we had guys sitting in our blind and told them they were welcome to join us but don't make it a habit of sitting in our blind... they got pissed and returned and threw corn all over the blind and called and said we were baiting...Jerks turn them all in !!!!!!!!
thinkducks
hunter

Postby Fili » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:39 am

I agree with woodywoodduck. it is not hard to get permission to hunt fields for geese. Most of the time all you have to do is ask. Getting it in writing would solve a lot of problems not only for landowners but the hunters as well.
I'd rather be hunting than talking to you here.
Fili
hunter

Re: Turned them in!

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:23 pm

thinkducks wrote:
Pigger wrote:This morning while we were goose hunting we had two men and two boys come in on the next property and set up to hunt geese. The property is posted and everyone from the area knows that "NOBODY" is allowed to hunt waterfowl there. I walked over and talked to the one guy. I remained calm and was nice about it. I told him that it's posted property and "NOBODY" is allowed to hunt waterfowl. He insisted he was. So I called and reported them to the landowner. They came and made them leave. Next thing I know the guys are up at another posted farm jump shooting the geese off of a pond.

:thumbsup: this is becoming more common everytime we go out, I had a guy insist he had permission and pointed to my house and said he was friends with the guy who lived there...NOT...!!!

OH, this 1 was 2 years ago on the Montain Property I have Permission to hunt.

I Walked up to a Guy about 65 years old. Started a nice little Coversation with him. After about 5 minutes I asked him if he knew it was Private Property and ONLY 8 guys had permission to hunt it?
YEP.

Ok, then why are you hunting?

He told me, this guy said I could come in here and hunt.

OK, who?

He told me My Name. His Mouth Dropped when I looked at him and Told him who he was talking to!

He could not unload his Gun fast Enough and Walk as fast as he could for the parking lot!

Found out about 15 minutes later when I caught the Next guy, He was the 1 using my name and Telling EVERYONE, they had permission to hunt!

:mrgreen: The guy who has Strict permission on the property beside the 1 I hunt, caught him last year. Had him Reemed out by the Local Chief of Police!

We didn't have any problems with him and his 50 buddies this year!
Win a Kid over from PETA, teach them the Art of Conservation, not Animal Rights!
PA Needs LEGAL Sunday Hunting!
Woodywoodduck SSD
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting