field blinds - camo vs field khaki

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Postby Decoy shooter » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:02 pm

I hunt geese from a max 4 hd field blind, allways stubbled in. Does anyone have any thoughts on if it is worth saving the $50.00 by buying the field khaki version.
Don't Shoot the Decoys
Decoy shooter
hunter

Postby Pigger » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:08 pm

I thought about it already but that Max 4 blends into a cornfield so well you don't have to brush it up as much. I think the khaki would work well if you hunt dirt fields, plowed under fields or something like that. Otherwise, you'd have to brush the heck out of it to make it look right.
Pigger
hunter

Postby thinkducks » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:01 pm

:mrgreen:
you can buy a roll of burlap at HomeDepot and a can of spray paint from ollies for less than 8 bucks total... it works just as well ... you can rollit up real compact and take it with you anywhere, clothes pin it to branches or lay it over you, great for any situation.
thinkducks
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:01 pm

I have hunted a kinds of ways in a field everything from just laying on the ground,and homemade layout made out of garbage cans. But I wouldnt give up my finsher no way on earth but agree with Pigger on the choice of camo vs khaki. Which ever you chose just dont forget to mud it up good.
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting