Canvasbacks

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Canvasbacks

Postby Woodywoodduck2 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:20 pm

I had to make some Deliveries up near Scraton today.

Went out to a place called Harveys Lake PA to make a Delivery.

Was Driving around the lake and saw a bunch of Golden eyes and what I think were Grebes.

As I'm Getting to the place I was to make a Delivery, I see these Ducks on the water and had to stop!

My Mouth DROPPED!

About 50 Cans on the lake!

I sat there and watched them Dive for about 10 minutes, then went to make the Delivery.

Came back by going out and watched them and some Hooded Merganzers Diving in the lake!

Why is it, We can't get them to "Hole up" on the River Long enough to get some?

I've seen them on the river many times, but it is Normally when the Whole River is Iced up except for the Middle and there is no way in the world to get out to them!

I'd bet some of the guys up that way could find some on the river if they did alittle looking :thumbsup:
Win a Kid over from PETA, teach them the Art of Conservation, not Animal Rights!
PA Needs LEGAL Sunday Hunting!
Woodywoodduck SSD
Woodywoodduck2
hunter

Postby Pigger » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:05 pm

Just before the ice melted there were about 500 bluebills rafted up on the river here in Lancaster county. Of course now that it's huntnable again, they're gone!
Pigger
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting