YORK COUNTY WOMAN FOUND GUILTY OF HARASSING HUNTERS

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Postby suskiedrake » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:00 am

I recently read this story on another waterfowl site and wanted to share it with you guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READING - Pennsylvania Game Commission officials today announced that Nancy Lee Lauro, 50, of Hanover, York County, was found guilty of interfering with five lawful hunters during the 2005 regular rifle deer season. The hearing before Magisterial District Judge Gerald E. Shoemaker, in Dover, resulted in Lauro being ordered to pay a $500 fine. The York County District Attorney's Office represented the Game Commission in the hearing.
On Nov. 28, the first day of the 2005 regular rifle deer season, Lauro confronted five hunters, including two junior hunters, and knowingly interfered with their hunt on numerous occasions during the day. The five hunters were on land where they had permission to hunt, were properly licensed and were wearing the required amount of fluorescent orange. Under the Game and Wildlife Code, it is unlawful to knowingly or intentionally interfere with lawful hunting and furtaking.
After being notified about the interference and harassment, Pennsylvania Game Commission Wildlife Conservation Officers (WCOs) conducted an investigation of the incident and filed charges on Lauro.
"Unfortunately, law-abiding hunters and trappers sometimes are subjected to harassment by others for a variety of reasons," said WCO Chad R. Eyler. "However, if we are notified when these incidents occur, and our investigation finds that a crime against lawful hunters or trappers was committed, we will enforce the interference law and protect lawful hunters and trappers from this type of conduct by others."
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:07 pm

Good to see that law being enforced. I would have raised the fine and ordered her to 40 hours of commuity service, helping clean up and help conserve wetlands and state game lands.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:01 pm

Personally I wish she was ordered to do 100 hours of community service work in the outdoors, like picking up litter in the rural areas.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby suskiedrake » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:34 pm

Well this season when the bass fisherman through lures thru my spreads I will be filming and mailing copies to the PGC for sure
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:54 pm

thats rediculous. why did they do that? whats the matter with people?
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby JJ McGuire » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:40 am

It is that behavior which prompted me to get a cell phone that will take pictures and video. I am sure WCO's appreciate indisputable evidence :smile:
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:49 am

that 500 should go towards leasing those five a spot to hunt. They can never redo a hunt and too bad there had to be juniors there subjected to that.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting