Delaware River North

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Delaware River North

Postby buschwacker82 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:45 pm

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone hunts the Delaware River around the milford-dingmans area... I will be hunting on the Jersey side over Thanksgiving and i was curious as to what anyone has been seeing in that area..

thanks and good luck
buschwacker82
hunter

Postby mfetter » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:52 pm

I hunt that general area. I see a lot of ducks when a front moves through--Make sure you either have a good dog or do A LOT of scouting to find slack areas that you will be able to retrieve birds with out putting your self in danger. There have been a lot of geese and quite a few mallards. Seems as though most of the woodies have movind on. Since the warm up most of the ducks have moved to local p[onds where there is no pressure--We need some good freezing weather to put a layer of ice on those ponds and then the river is the only place to be--Hope this helps
!! :thumbsup:
mfetter
hunter

Postby buschwacker82 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:58 pm

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about trying the island just south of the Milford bridge.. I will have to see what the water level is like when i get down there but i checked it out this past summer and i could wade out to it.
The hunting up here in Maine has been pretty good. Late season opened up on monday and alot of birds are coming through the area. I have gotten quite a few mergs, common and hooded, mallards, a nice pair of drake golden eyes and even a straggling greenwinger. It has been good and cold so all of the small holes have locked up and the birds are sticking to big water. Hope the birds a dropping as well down there. Good luck.
buschwacker82
hunter

Postby mfetter » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:56 pm

The water level should be about the same as it was during the summer. It is supposed to rain this weekend, so we will have to see how much we get. I am usually about half way to milford, but I generally see more ducks the closer I get to milford.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
mfetter
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting