COUNTDOWN TO GOOSE OPENER

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

COUNTDOWN TO GOOSE OPENER

Postby suskiedrake » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:57 pm

Well boys from my math we got 53 days until Sept 1. I am from Perry County so thats more fingers and toes than I have I could be off a little LOL. Anyway are you guys gearing up I know I am ready to go!!!!!
Jayson Wilt
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Opener

Postby newtoducks » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:24 am

Oh Yeah, got the dog good and ready any my calls havent left my neck in weeks.
newtoducks
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:14 pm

Good to hear buddy hope you wreckem up there on the Juniata this year. Anbody else out there fired up for this season?
Jayson Wilt
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Goose Opener

Postby h2ofowler84 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:06 am

Suskie,

As you know I cant hunt the first Monday, but I have been seeing great #'s of geese on the river every night. Usually flocks of 75 to 100 birds. If the river stays the way it is now, we will have to wade over to the grass patch again. Hopefully we get a little more water so we can take the boats over.
As for the calling, I keep my calls out by the pool and when I hear them coming, I grab the calls and TALK the TALK.
The new pup will get his first taste of the river this weekend, whenever he hears the honkers he sits right down and starts looking for them, not bad for only being 16 weeks old. Most of the geese are bigger than he is at this point. He loves the water in his baby pool so hopefully he will love the river as well.
I will keep you posted on the river, let me know how the fields are coming along.
Talk the Talk
h2ofowler84
hunter

Postby chessieboy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:10 pm

hey suskie do you have that count down with the timer going again this year?
chessieboy
hunter

Postby Honkers45 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:25 pm

i can't wait....i've cleaned and painted all deks.....the boats are almost ready.....so lets go !!!!!!! HonkHonk!!!
Honkers45
hunter

Postby suskiedrake » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:59 pm

Yeah Chris I have been watching them down by your place they can fly now the were in your practice field this morning. I will have something new this year for talking in a few weeks. I havent found a countdown page yet this year. I was hoping to that neck collar deal had me watching it daily last season.

As for getting ready I am diligently working on my rig every morning before work I am headed to home depot in the morning for new blind rails and the upgrades I am doing I should have started in March but it will have heat this year which will be a plus in the late season. I cant figure out how to add AC for Sept yet......
Jayson Wilt
Team Strait Meat
suskiedrake
hunter

Good One

Postby h2ofowler84 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:22 am

Hey Guys,

Here is a good one for you. I let all four of the boys(dogs) out this morning at the same time to do their morning business. The three labs all went straight for the kiddie pool to swim. The minature daschund saw a flock of probably 45 geese in the yard. Like a bat out hell, he went after them scaring them down into the river. Jayson I think we might have a new retriever for the early season. Most of the birds are twice the size of him, but he has no fear when he's chasing them.
Just thought everyone could use a good laugh this morning. Wish I had pictures to show you of him running after those geese.
Talk the Talk
h2ofowler84
hunter

Postby quackmaster4 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:41 pm

I got it bad too! Can't wait to try out my new dekes and maybe a new spot ot two.
I wanna die in my sleep like my grandpa did.
(not yelling and screaming like everybody in the car with him)
quackmaster4
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:29 am

only 18 days left guys...... woot!! :getdown:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:40 pm

14 but who's counting???
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting