where to go

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

where to go

Postby stumpjumper » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:58 pm

Hey there everyone. My wife`s family lives in Minersville PA. 3 years ago her brother and his two sons started coming down to our home in NC during Thanksgiving to go deer and duck hunting. It`s been great having them. My brother-in-law has been hunting deer for awhile now in PA. But only on game lands. He has taken a 4 point and an 8 point in that time. The boys have been going with him for around 5 years now. but never shot much less see anything. Their first year down was great. I have around 500 acres that I hunt on and I have an antler restriction of 8 points with a 16" spread. But when I take kids out their first buck can be anything. The youngest harvested a doe and a three point the first day and the oldest took an 8 point with a 17 1/4" spread the next. On the third day they both took a drake mallard and the oldest took a drake woodie. That really got them going. However they don`t have anywhere to go in PA. I want to help them but I`m only there to visit 2 times a year. Does anyone know of a GENERAL area to start to look for ducks around Minerville? I know guys don`t like giving location info, but they are family and great kids. ANY HELP would be appreciated! In case you are wondering Minersville is close to Pottsville.
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Rivers,lakes and ponds...

Postby Honkers45 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:30 pm

Stump easy answer.....Rivers....lakes and ponds...most rivers are always good...and most of the lakes allow hunting just check the regulations for that body of water....Honkers45 ..... :salude:
Honkers45
hunter

where to go

Postby stumpjumper » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:53 pm

What about the Syhcull ( hope I spelled that right) river. Are there access areas? The water seems to flow thru there well so I doubt that it freezes much. Also how about Middle Creek area? Guys these kids MIGHT go out once or twice a year to hunt deeks. You won`t be competing with them on a daily basis. A little help here. If your ever down in NC I will recomend some areas here.
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:52 pm

i wish i could help, but im on the other side of the state from u.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/ ... masept.pdf
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Honkers45 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:24 pm

That rivers a dump....why not just make a trip to the delaware..its be worth your time......we get alotta teals pintails and the regs...it be something to think about....a Middlecreek is all tied up from the locals and guides......and they won't let you on that creek with a boat....and most of the blinds are by draw...and the season is one goose and who knows what the ducks are doing there...i just would'nt waste my time unless you know or get hooked up with someone there..

Honkers :salude:

"FEET DOWN~GUNS UP"!!!!!
Honkers45
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting