any delaware river hunters with boats?

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

any delaware river hunters with boats?

Postby Langhorne » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:07 pm

I know it sounds like a lopsided trade but..... Anyone have an open spot? Im not much of a caller, but Ive got a few dozen dekes and all the desire. Ill pay for the gas and the shells. Or maybe a local field set up once the farmers cut the corn. I have a few private farms that are very productive later in the season. But nothing is moving yet except on the river and I have no boat. So until the migration begins in earnest I have to sit out. There is no acess to the river really except by boat. So hopefully one or more of you guys will take pity.... I will say ive been hunting since i was 10, mostly deer and upland birds and its always safety first. ok well Id love to hear from you guys and try to make the most of this early season by making a few new friends and giving those geese hell.
Langhorne
Newb

Local....answers his prayers......lol

Postby Honkers41 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:22 pm

Lang.....keep in touch with me during the season...we're not hitting the geese this early.....we're hit the Ducks when it opens...The river can get hott......i'm here in Willowgrove area..Honkers....Here's my boat....i have 2...so we're get you hook'd up!!!!!

Honkers41
hunter

Postby Langhorne » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:07 pm

BAD ASS!! im looking forward to it. Ill be sure to keep in touch, i just found this forum a little while ago and there seems to be alot of helpful nicer people on here with alot of useful tips. So long story short ill be around. If your not finding the geese yet this season, check out a few of the islands about 15 milesa north of new hope. I went out there 2 weeks ago and saw about 80 geese laid up on an island midafternoon. But one way or the other.... that is a very nice setup youve got there. Ill have to keep in touch so i can see it firsthand.. Thanks Honkers
Langhorne
Newb

Safety Zone geese.....lol

Postby Honkers41 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:22 pm

Yeag Bud i know all about them geese....remember safety zones...and dang if them geese don't know about them also....ussally later on they move and when they do...we know where they are....we just did'nt wanna hit the water cause of the heat and all the fishermen and water skiers there, but it won't be long now....Honkers :hammering:
Honkers41
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting