State Game Lands

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

State Game Lands

Postby ryand0818 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Hey Everyone,

New to duck hunting and trying to do some scouting. I am from the Bucks County Area. Not asking anyone to give up spots, but is worth checking out the state game lands in the area or are they a bust?

Thanks
ryand0818
hunter

Re: State Game Lands

Postby don taylor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 am

Yes, if there is water and it's outside of a safety zone, it's worth checking. Checking SGL's is the obvious place people start. If it is good, expect competition. Looking on SGL's doesn't take a lot of imagination, and is the 'easy way' to find a spot for a lot of people who can't find them elsewhere. Look where others won't, walk further than others will, row farther than people will as well. The more you look, the more you'll find.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby timpy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 am

This is my first season on waterfowl and Don is absolutely right. I don't know many people around where I live now and I havne't had time to knock on doors either. I have used game lands and google earthed areas looking for water. I have humped way back into the nastiest places where water was. Sometimes it was a bust and I found a little pool with no action and probably no interest to birds, but I have also found 2 or 3 great places where I saw birds consistently as well. Scout like crazy and you will start to get some places on your personal map.
timpy
hunter

Postby ryand0818 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 pm

thanks!
ryand0818
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting