Say WHAT??!!

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Say WHAT??!!

Postby dsm16428 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:40 pm

I find it hard to believe DHC of all places...on the PA FORUM!!!...would not have a discussion on what's transpiring regarding a certain Avery staffer down in southeastern PA. I'll leave it at that... :hammer:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Re: Say WHAT??!!

Postby Spunky » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Those guys over in that part of the state are like little girls complaining about he stole my spot. The guy that posted the pictures set himself up for the ridicule that he got. The other guy is crying like he owned the land and no one was allowed to hunt it, even if it was a few years later. He doesn't own the land, the farmer does and gave the guy permision so why is he causing such a ruckuss.

Now for shooting over the limit I don't know how many guys were shooting. If they are over the limit, the state will deal with them if the were legal they had a nice hunt.
Spunky
hunter

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Well in respect to that guy ( trout). I also follow the same cod of ethics. Once you take someone to a spot the rule of thumb by MANY including ME is you never go back to that spot without my permission. I was kind enough to show you the spot so you shouldn't be going behind my back and hunting it. That's wrong in my eyes idc if it was a few years later. The whole situation is a downright mess... and this is what water fowling has become. It really sad. I agree its annoying people fighting over stuff but it is a rule of common courtesy to show respect to the one who took you to a spot to not go back unless they specifically say you can. Plus they say that he rutted up the field too and offcourse as we all know he shot over the limit. Or well we think its true. Cant say for sure but seems like he did. Especially after the story was changed. Nonetheless I know that area is known for its WHITE DEVILS and im sure it LOADED with plenty of guys on here and on there so im sure its causing quite the spark. :huh:
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 am

I left it over there, I'm sure many people don't need me to repeat my feelings.

I'll say this, the limit issue is one thing. There is pretty clear evidence with the time stamps on the photos that the field in question was without a doubt in Pa. He said 7 guys, then 8 guys. Then tried saying the hunt was in Maryland.Then, the time and date stamp on the photos was brought to the forums attention.

If you're going to shoot over the limit, lie, change the story so it conflicts with the electronic proof YOU posted, I've got nothing for you. Nothing good, at least. I have a hard time believing that after he does that stuff, he went to the field and didn't recognize the tree/treeline and he didn't know where he was when that sun came up.

If you go to my spot after I take you and you poach birds, expect me to alert the PGC and when I'm confident you've shot your mouth off, then I'd have done what trout did. Then I'd call you out on the forum. Waterfowlers code is one thing, but to get on a forum and brag about poaching in a field you claim jumped... from the mod of the forum? That's incredibly stupid .

I just want to say that up until this point, I had only heard very good things about the man in question. He might have posted pics, but 7 others were with him. They all should share the blame. Coincidental as it may be, no other members of the hunting party exposed themselves and defended him and the hunt. He was left out to dry. Like i said, I've only heard good things and would still hope it's wrong... but those damn time stamps on the photos sure do tell a tale.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 am

I express my opinions here, but I rarely moderate this forum. I'm aware of what flies here, I've heard some terrible talk when others poached and it stood. I don't care what is said, but I'll edit out anything that crosses the line. Opinions welcomed, insults and belittling people is not. The potential poaching and claim jumping? I have no issue with being discussed in any way. I'm not going to lock this unless I absolutely have to.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 am

Trout PMed me over there and explained the situation. As ive only read the original post, and see what it was changed to, and heard only one side of the story...im inclined to believe trout's side. Its a shame and I hope it serves as a lesson to any new guys out there that read it, the code of ethics and what the social hammer of justice will do to you if you are caught being a back stabber and brag about it. Hopefully its not true, but from everything I have seen, well... :hammer:
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby LeakyBoot » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:26 am

I've got no facts to add but...I'll bet the only reason they stopped at 238 is because they ran outta ammo.
LeakyBoot
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 am

What I don't get is why. Why post the pics with a story that doesn't jive with being legal? If you rob a bank, do you post pics of piles of money? The guy has a rep that says he knows the laws and knows what he's doing, people even defended him saying such. It makes no sense, unless he couldn't help himself. He needed approval and pats on the back for a great, albeit illegal, hunt. When bragging about it takes on that role, you've got issues.

Not to mention his credibility is shot. Why risk something like that?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:03 am

Seriously, how isn't 25 snows per person enough?? I just don't understand.
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby PADuck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Buzz I'm just glad you never caught me down your way yet LOL. The spot thing I ain't saying much if we snaked it out by offering money to the farmer to steal sole permission it would be a real **** move but if the farmer lets everyone hunt it doesn't seem that bad to me but I am not over in Pa snow area so I don't know how it is. That being said I don't think I would ever do what he did to a friend or hunting buddy. As for over the limit I hope they get nailed to the wall for it
PADuck
hunter

Postby Double Shorthair » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 pm

It was a lot nicer when people respected farmers and their land. I've had a few spots that I used to frequently hunt get shut down this year because of vehicles tearing the sh!t out of there land, people showing up and hunting without any permission,and the list continues. It gets really old.

On another note, kadd seemed to be a "true" waterfowler until what went down over there. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it pans out. I wasn't there and have no say whatsoever who was right or wrong.
Double Shorthair
hunter

Postby 001kds » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:55 am

WOW you don't log on for a few days and look what you miss out on. Another black hoodie wearing prostaffer falling from grace. Greed gets them all in the end. Makes you wonder about other pics they have posted in the past.
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby tam9492 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:58 am

Man, I missed it.... :sad:
tam9492
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:02 am

PADuck, nobody..well friend wise, has been dumb enough to do that. Im too nice of a guy with a pretty large amount of properties that I have gotten sole permission on. Stabbing me in the back would constitute our whole crew's worth of properties and invites being off limits to anyone. I dont know anyone except for 1 guide service that has more spots in the RP zone of MD so its safe to say its better to be a friend than a foe. I have had people come in and throw down thousands of dollars and lease farms out from under me after ive milked and thrown hay for a farmer. That did upset me quite a bit, but I didn't know the guy til after that happened. Sucks to be him and his $3000 per season, I went across the street and got permission at the roost that feeds that field its birds. Not long after, I got an offer from the real estate company to move into the house on the roost's property for cheap, and ive been living there since. Lets just say I control whether or not he even sees a bird on his lease or not, and when I notice him scouting his fields and birds are using it, lets just say me and the boys send birds packing to the other side of town where the rest of our spots are. This being the 2nd season in a row he hasnt shot hardly anything, and him trying to get permission this year from my real estate company (NO), hopefully he takes his money elsewhere and I can get back to being a good community fowler and leave the roost ponds at my place alone. Moral of the story is, dont back stab someone that can stab you right back. Karma has its way of handling things
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting