Places to hunt???????

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Places to hunt???????

Postby pelletslinger25 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:21 am

Hey guys i have been in the United States Marine Corp for the past 5 years and i will be getting out in a March and will be moving back to Western PA. While i was stationed in North Carolina a buddy got me into duck hunting and have been addicted since. We had an awsome year this year down there. Well im trying to find some good areas to kill some ducks. I know I know u never tell where ur honey holes are but i figured any info would be help point me in the right direction. Thanx
pelletslinger25
hunter

Re: Places to hunt???????

Postby 001kds » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:59 pm

I was also introduced to waterfowl hunting for the first time while stationed in virginia. So I can relate to coming home to western pa and trying to find places to waterfowl hunt.
It's all hard work and lots of gas money driving around scouting spots looking for your own honey holes.
If you want to be successful here in western pa your going to have to do your homework and get out and scout and not just during the season but all year long. And after about TEN YEARS you should have accumulated a good number of secret spots that you know when to hunt at certain times during the season to be successful. And hopefully with all your hard work you will meet a few other die hard waterfowlers along the way that share your passion for this sport and wont steal your spots and will invite you to hunt theirs.
Good luck on your journey when you get back home. Its going to be a hard one but anything that's worth it is never easy!
Here's a nudge in the right direction(google earth,pgc website and binoculars with long drives and boat rides).
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby pelletslinger25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:38 am

Thank you for the info. if anyone is up for haveing an experience waterfowl partner PM me. what species do yall run across up here? i usually hunt for puddle ducks down there but we also got into diver hunting. i wont lie im gonna miss NC cuz u never knew what u were gonna run aross. and wow we slayed the blue bills this year. i have some pics ill post up on here. and aslo im looking for a john boat hull so if anyone has any pretty reasonalbe let me know. And do people use layout boats up here.
pelletslinger25
hunter

Postby don novicki » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 am

Where are you located Pellet? If you are up around Erie drop me a p.m. and you are welcome to go with me anytime........ :thumbsup:
don novicki
hunter

Postby deer2ducks » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:20 pm

Hey Pellet, I'm kind of in the same situation you're in. I currently live in VA and got introduced to waterfowling about five years ago and have been enjoying it ever since, but now we're moving back to my wife's home place in southwest PA near Latrobe, so I'm starting from scratch again. Not sure where you're moving to, but if it's anywhere in the area of Latrobe and you're interested in doing some scouting or hunting let me know. I'm bringing my 12ft flat bottom up with me, and I really don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping to find some decent hunting on smaller water.
deer2ducks
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 pm

As a general rule, you won't get PM's. While you very well may be telling the truth about who you are and your situation, you could very well be telling a complete lie. Most of us here are quick to help another in person, but never reveal spots or any locations. Certainly not online to an unverifiable person. People have come on and posed as military to take advantage of good natured people. I do my best to steer people from doing that. I'm not trying to come off as a jerk, I just don't want you to expect many people to give you places to hunt. Most of us are more than willing to take a guy out. I'll offer up a tour of pymatuning and a hunt up there late October next year. Stick around, you'll meet good people.

Fill out the location in your profile so we know where you are. Western Pa is a big place, Erie Washington, Yellowcreek to the Ohio river... hundreds of miles. If i was looking for a partner, I wouldn't do you much good if we had 120 miles between us.

Welcome to DHC. Tell us where you are and we'll go from there.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby pelletslinger25 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:47 pm

No ur not coming off as a jerk i understand, im not looking for peoples spots, i was just hopeing people could give me a general direction on where to start up here thats all. and i will definetly update my profile for yall thanx for the help.
pelletslinger25
hunter

Postby pelletslinger25 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Don Taylor thank u very much for the pymatuning offer. i would def love to check it out
pelletslinger25
hunter

Postby stealfeathers » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Cyber scoutin good for nothin newb
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby stealfeathers » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Pellet, ur ugly too. Them big ol lips look like they can get goin on a duck call. Too bad you cant call worth a darn. Lol. Im gonna miss u down here in nc bud i hope you find the ducks up there in p.a. i thought i told you about not posting" where to hunt" posts on duck chat though
stealfeathers
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting