Hunting out of momarsh

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Hunting out of momarsh

Postby Vizsla Gus » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Does anyone on here hunt out of a momarsh or similar boat in western pa? I have been thinking of buying one but can't decide if it would enhance my hunting of the waters I hunt. Are there places in the pymatuning area where it would be more useful than a canoe?? Does it help to deter the effects of sky busters? Any info would be helpful. Thanks
Tim.
Vizsla Gus
Newb

Re: Hunting out of momarsh

Postby 001kds » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 pm

Does it help to deter the effects of sky busters? Any info would be helpful. Thanks
Tim.[/quote] :lol: Heck no! There's always going to be skybusters in pa.
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby Vizsla Gus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 am

Not trying to cure the sickness of sky busting just looking to maybe lessen the effects.
Vizsla Gus
Newb

Postby BrentwoodDucker » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:15 am

I guess there are both advantages and none...Goes in shallower water than certain types of canoes but they are wider. Some area's of buckbrush, cattails etc. sometime the skinnier the boat the easier to get around root beds and such...As for the skybusting.....I would imagine if you could get away from them far enough in the marsh it could help someways.
BrentwoodDucker
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting