Long time no post

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Long time no post

Postby Coleman24 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:34 am

I haven't been able to get on DHC recently with all the school work and hunting, but today I finally had some down time.

Last day of the RP season my buddy and I met up with Redlab fairly early. As we walked out we kicked a lot of birds up, got us a little nervous as to whether or not they would come back. But they did.. It was a great morning with some great friends. Always a pleasure hunting with Redlab and his dogs. We ended around noon. Had we shot better and maybe I would have made my soils class :lol3:

Ruby doing what she does best!
The End results
Redlab got the band, I believe he said banded in 2007, in Ontario Canada. Thanks again Barry.

The start of my roommates and my spring break we decided to scout around home (Middle Creek) and see what the snow goose situation was like. It was okay, but with all the leases, ground pounders, and what not we weren't able to secure a great spot... So we picked up and headed to the coast. It was an awesome morning, working 1k birds into a spread feet down is a neat feeling. We whiffed on calling some of the shots but we ended with a good bit, and all in all just an fun experience.

Truck loaded down with as many silo socks as we had (and added 5 dozen to it on the way):

Lyla wondering where all the birds are

End results
Coleman24
hunter

Re: Long time no post

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:01 am

Goodjob buddy... hopefully we can get after some snows this yr!!! :thumbsup:
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 am

:thumbsup:

I am still upset that my gopro died after the first flock!!!!

Monday was good but the spot I said was plan B might have been better....watched it yesterday afternoon and saw a few hundred dump into the spot.....small flocks anywhere from singles to a dozen one after another for 40 minutes straight.....recipie for a blood bath :biggrin:
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby reelcranky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 am

Good job!
reelcranky
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:57 am

good looking dog too!
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby tam9492 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:23 pm

I've got to go after the geese more! It looks like a blast! Good work :thumbsup:
tam9492
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 am

jerseydutch wrote::thumbsup:

I am still upset that my gopro died after the first flock!!!!

Monday was good but the spot I said was plan B might have been better....watched it yesterday afternoon and saw a few hundred dump into the spot.....small flocks anywhere from singles to a dozen one after another for 40 minutes straight.....recipie for a blood bath :biggrin:

When nick said to me that you guys said plan B was better, he told me we were going to drive down there. I was all for it, anything to get out of Middle Creek area.. But coastal flooding wouldn't have been a fun ride out I'm sure lol.
Coleman24
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting