New to duck calls

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

New to duck calls

Postby DuckGirl1989 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Hey, I am not new to the duck hunting sport but I am ready to start calling. Anyone have any good suggestions on a first duck call?
DuckGirl1989
Newb

Re: New to duck calls

Postby don taylor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 am

How much money are you willing to spend? I'd tell you to go to the classifieds here and look for a deal. I'm sure there is a Foiles, RnT and a bunch of other nice calls for $80 bucks. Save your money, get a nice call used rather than a cheap call new. They're not like cars and mileage on a call means it's probably led a few ducks to their death. You can get a $30 Buck Gardner or some other made in china piece of plastic, but I've seen enough people waste money only to upgrade. Duck commander calls and the like have no used value. Look on the duck hunting chat classifieds and pick one. I just opened up the classifieds and there are tons of great calls on the first page. Pick one and we can tell you what to expect of it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting