Duck Hunting Forum banner

Places to break clay in SWPA

962 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  esutter 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just looking for a place to shoot clay pigeons in southwestern PA. I have my own thrower and birds, not looking for a skeet/trap/sporting clays place, but just a field or something where a friend and I can take the thrower and a box of clays and get in some practice.

I'm in the Greensburg/Latrobe area, so the closer to that, the better, but it seems it's not legal to do this in a field on an SGL, or even on a PGC range, which is kind of frustrating, since it's looking like the only option is to own a field or know someone who does and will let you use it.

#3 ·
We've had the very same question on several occasions. There used to be a clays range on the gamelands in Wexford, but it closed last year and when I called about it a few weeks ago the only response I got was "It won't be reopening."
Aside from knowing someone with land who will let you shoot on it, I've found that a bunch of the sportsmen's clubs in my area are actually pretty affordable, like less than $100/year. Maybe you could look into a club.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.