Pennsylvania Delta Waterfowl Chapters

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Pennsylvania Delta Waterfowl Chapters

Postby erp10 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:07 pm

PA Guys post up your local chapter here.

State College Chapter of Delta Waterfowl
https://www.facebook.com/StateCollegeDeltaWaterfowl
erp10
hunter

Re: Pennsylvania Delta Waterfowl Chapters

Postby don taylor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:45 am

You can find the Allegheny chapter on Facebook as well, aa link is in my signature or just search The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

Here's the Lancaster chapters FB page. They also have a website.

https://www.facebook.com/LancasterChapt ... aWaterfowl

There's also a Pymatuning Chapter, Brennan Miller is the chairman. I'm sure the link will appear below. Scanton Area/ Ne P aslo has a new chapter.

With Delta allowing us to keep money for local work, we're in a unique position to make a difference locally and nationally.

GET INVOLVED. We need active members and people who want to help the chapters thrive.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mr.Pymatuning » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:58 am

Yeah we are getting the Pymatuning Chapter up and running. We are having a sporting clays shoot on the 31st of August if anyone is interested we will be posting up more information in the next day or two.
Last edited by Mr.Pymatuning on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Pymatuning
DHC Sponsor

Postby PA_Drake_Hunter » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:29 pm

I wouldn't mind getting into this shoot. Just let us know time and location. Hope to get involved in your chapter also as I'm already involved in the allegheny chapter.
PA_Drake_Hunter
hunter

Postby ducknazi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:51 pm

the Hawk Run Gang will be there with atleast a 1/2 dozen shooters. and we'll throw in a matching duck/goose call set for a raffle or whatever you wanna use it for Mr. P.

DN
ducknazi
hunter

Postby Mr.Pymatuning » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks DN! Look forward to meeting up with you!
Mr.Pymatuning
DHC Sponsor

Postby jmaker33 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:11 am

Hey guys. I am looking to get in to waterfowl this year and have no experience or anyone to show me the ropes. Is there a chapter near 1b erie county area? Anyone that can lend a hand? Thanks guys.
jmaker33
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Start a new thread about it here.

Tell people about who you are, what you bring to the table and what you are looking for. I personally devote any free time to kids wanting to learn, so do many other of the chapters. You're best bet is to become active as a member and become friends with the guys you'd like to hunt with. I know i personally feel much safer having my first exposure to a new guy not come when he's swinging a shotgun around in the dim morning light.

Even becoming active here helps, post questions that you have, engage in conversation and get to know people. Some of my best hunting buddies are from this site. Some of us talked for years before ever having met, but they all know now they have a seat in my blind any day.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jmaker33 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:50 pm

don taylor wrote:Start a new thread about it here.

Tell people about who you are, what you bring to the table and what you are looking for. I personally devote any free time to kids wanting to learn, so do many other of the chapters. You're best bet is to become active as a member and become friends with the guys you'd like to hunt with. I know i personally feel much safer having my first exposure to a new guy not come when he's swinging a shotgun around in the dim morning light.

Even becoming active here helps, post questions that you have, engage in conversation and get to know people. Some of my best hunting buddies are from this site. Some of us talked for years before ever having met, but they all know now they have a seat in my blind any day.

I appreciate your response. I can certainly understand where your coming from. I have hunted for 18 years but you dont know that or me. I also was currious if there was a chapter in my area that i could get in touch with. I saw everyone posting info about different chapters and was curious. The title just says pa waterfowl chapters, nothing else. So i figured someone here would know or comment if they knew how to contact a chapter in my area. Thanks again.
jmaker33
hunter

Postby don taylor » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:16 am

Well, for now, the closest you have is Brennan and the pymatuning chapter. You're also right in the middle of the Northwest duck hunters association, the guys who operate the blinds out on Presque Isle. I don't know who's in charge of them, last guy I knew was Chuck, the ex president. I don't know who you'd call or talk to any more. Try a google search for them online.

Yeah, you only need to have one scary, or just not 'cool' experience to realize it's not always wise to just head out with strangers. I've done it a couple times. I went one time with a guy who didn't know when to call the shot or would acknowledge that other people were hunting with him. If they came in, without any warning, he'd just jump out of his chair and blast at them. Forget they were workking the decoys, forget that they were going to land, forget that if he'd wait, we'd have a chance at a few too... After he busted up the 2nd flock and missed them all, then tried blaming ME, because I supposedly moved, I had enough. I've been at it too long to deal with that kind of stuff and frankly, it's not worth risking.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mr.Pymatuning » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks Don, and yeah Jm I sent you a pm yesterday I think it was.
Mr.Pymatuning
DHC Sponsor

Postby jmaker33 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Hey guys! Mr. Pymatuning has very kindly invited me to look in to the pymatuning chapter for hunting. I hope I get to meet you guys soon and get to know everyone. From what I read sounds like a great experience!
jmaker33
hunter

Postby Bufflehead1238 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Any word on the state college chapters meeting?
Bufflehead1238
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Bufflehead, things are underway.. PM me I'll get you some info! Looking to have our first official meeting here within a week or two, trying to find some students who are interested, since school just started.
Coleman24
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting