PA Waterfowl Seasons

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

PA Waterfowl Seasons

Postby Tyler8492 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Does anyone know the season dates yet for duck and Canada geese?
Tyler8492
hunter

Re: PA Waterfowl Seasons

Postby Boatman » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:01 pm

That never comes out till last week in August. Pisses me off every year,it's like a crap shoot trying to make plans. :mad:
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Boatman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:47 am

Just looked at the NJ regs and I noticed they are allowing electronic calls, up to 7 shells and a 15 bird limit for the early goose season. It stated US fish and wildlife has approved that. Wonder if it will be the same in Pa.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Early goose and dove SHOULD open up the 2nd of September-so that means everybody and their sister will be out on opening day. :help: Should be interesting...
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby LeakyBoot » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Boatman wrote:Just looked at the NJ regs and I noticed they are allowing electronic calls, up to 7 shells and a 15 bird limit for the early goose season. It stated US fish and wildlife has approved that. Wonder if it will be the same in Pa.

NJ has been like that for the September season for several years now.
Wouldn't look for ecallers or 7 shells in PA anytime soon.
LeakyBoot
hunter

Postby 001kds » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:26 pm

If our guy donny up in the northwest has his way it will be Jan 1st thru March 11th for ducks and canada's. But that's when all the birds are here! :shades:
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:32 pm

001kds wrote:If our guy donny up in the northwest has his way it will be Jan 1st thru March 11th for ducks and canada's. But that's when all the birds are here! :shades:

If they ever tried that,you know dang well that year, every thing will be froze solid and the birds would be long gone.

I love Geese

Boatman
hunter

Postby don taylor » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:00 am

Goose should open Monday Sept 1, Labor day. I'd bet on the Northwest zone coming in Oct 5th and the south zone the 12th. It will probably run two weeks, then go out for a few weeks. Basically the same schedule it took last year.

If this winter is cold and wet like this summer has been, we'd be nuts NUTS to change the dates. It's going down to 53 degrees tomorrow night and hs been a cool summer with the least amount of days above 90 I cn remember. I work outside, have for 15 years. It sure feels to me like a typical winter is in the cards.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Boatman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Don do you think they are going to allow sunday hunting,that's the 1st of September. :lol3: Not sure where you live but sure didn't seem like a cool summer to me.Hotter then heck the last 2 months here in Hbg. Heck the Susquehanna river topped out at 94* a week ago. Don't know how we didn't have a fish kill with that water temp.

I love Geese

Boatman
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 am

I wrote we'd open on Labor day on Monday and mistakenly wrote the 1st. Monday is the 2nd,, obviously we're not opening on a Sunday.

I haven't slept with a fan in the window this many nights during the summer in I don't know how long. We've had more weeks in the 70's than weeks in the 90's it seems. I work outside and around guys in full welding gear who would normally be shedding pounds in sweat. The humidity hasn't even been that oppressive like it usually is. I've loved this summer.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:06 am

I hope this keeps up. Highs in the upper 70's all week? Going into August in W. Pa? I'll take it. I had to pull the fan out of the window last night it got so cold. This could be a great September season and winter. If the duck numbers are up like they say, it will be nice to finally get a winter that pushes them down to us. I'd like to start shooting some more divers, during these weak winters they've really dodged us.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting