21 days to go goose hunters

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

21 days to go goose hunters

Postby Boatman » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:22 am

Time to break out the blocks and get them ready. By now you should have your calls in you mouth and honking away. Scouting has been in progress and yaall know where the geese are feeding and roosting right! This seams to come around faster every year,still eating up the geese from last year.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Re: 21 days to go goose hunters

Postby Spunky » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Way to early for me, at least not until the first frost. I could shoot me limit every day where I've been fishing if I wanted to hunt the resident season.
Have been seeing at least 200 birds each morning flying out and returning. Flying around in small bunches. Way to easy shooting, for me I like a challenge. The early season is a shooting season not a hunting season to me. I get more satisfaction out of hunting birds that have been shot at. Not really hard to harvest birds when the majority of them were in eggs 6 month ago. Especially since the same birds will be around in January, those are the ones that I target.

Not knocking anyone that hunts in the ealy season just isn't for me. Plus not fond of hunting when skeeters are being a pain in the butt.
Spunky
hunter

Postby Dr^ke » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Spunky wrote:Way to early for me, at least not until the first frost. I could shoot me limit every day where I've been fishing if I wanted to hunt the resident season.
Have been seeing at least 200 birds each morning flying out and returning. Flying around in small bunches. Way to easy shooting, for me I like a challenge. The early season is a shooting season not a hunting season to me. I get more satisfaction out of hunting birds that have been shot at. Not really hard to harvest birds when the majority of them were in eggs 6 month ago. Especially since the same birds will be around in January, those are the ones that I target.

Not knocking anyone that hunts in the ealy season just isn't for me. Plus not fond of hunting when skeeters are being a pain in the butt.

It's definitely a lot easier but I'm like a kid at christmas and can't wait to get out.
Dr^ke
hunter

Postby Boatman » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Spunky wrote:Way to early for me, at least not until the first frost. I could shoot me limit every day where I've been fishing if I wanted to hunt the resident season.

Ha Ha Nothing tastier than a young goose :yes:
Last edited by Boatman on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Absolutely sir... they may be a "easy" but I don't care. I love waterfowling and I cannot wait to slam um on home. Its still somewhat of a challenge... its not as easy as it always seems.
I personally wouldn't miss it for pretty much anything. You can count on me being out. Il be as excited as a little kid on Christmas eve the night before.

Goodluck to all!!
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting