DD Fans take notice.

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

DD Fans take notice.

Postby don taylor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:44 am

Willie Robertson will be signing autographs at the new Field and Stream store in Cranberry, Pa @ 10:30 Saturday morning.

I'm going to go, even though I'm not a fan of the show. I'd like to get something autographed for the shelf

I also wonder if this means there will be a store in Pittsburgh that actually sells waterfowling gear.

Dear Lord in Heaven, hear my prayer. Please, let them have a few decoys other than flambeau's and a few calls in a case, not just junk plastic.

Amen.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Re: DD Fans take notice.

Postby mcclinj » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:31 am

Sweet, Thanks for the heads up Don!

-John
mcclinj
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:39 pm

The only autograph I would ever want would be Phils. I have seen many of the shows DC and DD and have never seen a lath or a cnc machine on the premises. Don ask Whillie who turns there calls for them? Or do they get them off a boat!
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby don taylor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:56 am

Well, a $30 duck commander call becomes a $150 on Ebay. It's not about being a fan, it's about taking advantage of the pop culture money making opportunity. Lots of guys have DC calls and if you can get it signed and have it go up 5X in value, why not? I have a call signed by Phil already. I have a handful of Duck commander stuff that is desirable. I even have one of the original Cutdown reachers from the old days and a few discontinued calls from the 1980's.

Almost the entire line of DC products are made overseas. From the Tshirts, the calls, the sweet tea cups, they're all made in Asia. The plastic call parts arsembled at the shop and packaged here. Buck Gardner and plenty of other guys do the exact same thing. Honestly, I'm not a fan of any plastic and prefer a hand turned call over a CNC'd call.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Boatman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:10 am

With 500,000-750,000 calls a year flooding the market, all made in china, I can only see the value going down. You like willie that take advantage of our sport all for the mighty dollar is a dam shame.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby don taylor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:17 am

I don't quite follow. What is a damn shame? The only thing I don't like is them selling out to an extent. I preferred the old rusty browning, BOOM BOOM BOOM poor man duck hunter over the spaghetti gun, eotech sight using highly paid, sweet tea cup makers.

I don't see how anybody is taking advantage of anything in an unfit or harmful way. If you do, go ahead and explain it, because I don't see it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:27 am

And you're completely wrong about the call value going down. They're not making the calls I have in any number and regardless of how many new calls they produce and how popular they become, that will only serve to increase their value. Topps could have made 6 million Mickey Mantle rookie cards, but if they're all long gone and you have one of the few remaining.... and it's got an autograph? I also happen to run a few very popular duck call related web pages and one I started for duck collectors. More than a few members from here are on my pages daily. This isn't just a passing fad I hope pays out. Collecting, buying, trading calls is my hobby.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mcclinj » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:56 pm

The way I see it, a man and his son's created a product desirable by other people and made a fortune selling it to those who wanted them. Whether we are talking about the calls, videos, or the TV show. I'm not sure where the problem is, kinda sounds like an American success story to me. I have several of their calls, not my favorite...but I can pull birds out of the sky with all of them, and I'm by no means a calling expert. If Benelli / Mossberg wanted to pay him money to shoot their shotguns or use other products in his videos....I can't really blame him for hanging up the rusty old beater guns.

-John
mcclinj
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:34 am

My point was, the old rusty Brownings and doing it the poor man way without any fancy gear is what sold me the calls the first time. I also don't think holding out for more money was the most Christian thing to do while under a contract, but that's a different issue. I don't object to the show, but I don't watch it. I don't watch TV.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting