Field and Stream Cranberry?

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Field and Stream Cranberry?

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:45 am

How was the grand opening today? How does the store stack up to cabelas, gander, etc?
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Re: Field and Stream Cranberry?

Postby hud521 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:00 pm

My opinion, not that great for waterfowl hunting! One very small row for waterfowl hunting, not worth the trip. For fishing, it was great! I was looking for a pair of new chest waders, and the did not even have any for duck hunting. Unless I could not find them, but no employees could find them either. Pretty dissapointed.
Maybe other guys will have a different opinion,( I saw Don there) but I will drive the extra few miles to go to Cabella's.
hud521
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:15 am

I agree, pretty weak. They did have a decent amount of steel loads in stock, I talked to a rep and he said they're ordering everything they can and what I saw wasn't the full inventory. They had 10 boxes total of 10 ga on the shelf. I'll go to the shooters bench in Russleton and have a larger selection. KDS and I stood in the waterfowl aisle, BS'd and left. It's a deer, archery and fishing store. I'm not really surprised.

They did have Echo and Zink calls. It's nice to have ONE retailer in Pgh selling decent calls.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 001kds » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:28 am

Don't forget the guy in his 30's that was wearing his brand new multi colored lanyard with his 6 brand new calls around his neck trying to talk shop to the zink calls staffer! I almost busted out laughing.
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 am

The highlight of the trip was ripping the Harley's down the backroad to get back home.

That guy was a little too pumped, KDS. He looked like a white bucket prostaffer, carrying his calls around. But, to each his own, you know? If that's what the guy wants to do, have at it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 001kds » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 am

Yes riding the harley's was the best part! Yeah I know what you mean about to each his own. But come on really wearing your lanyard to a store grand opening! lol That's something I would let my 7 yr old nephew do with my calls. Dang it if I would have known he was going to be there I bet I could of sold him a numbered limited edition signature series white waterfowler(skybuster) bucket! :biggrin:
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby bshaver » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 pm

There have been times in December or November when I've had alot of clothes on under my waders, that I would have paid you alot of money for a white bucket kds. Just gotta be selling em at the right place and time. Hard to find a leanin tree in the swamp, but I've never used a white bucket haha.
bshaver
hunter

Postby redrover44 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Just curious .. did anyone notice if they were selling ARs there? Field and Stream is owned by Dicks sporting goods who pulled all the "assault weapons" off the shelves..
redrover44
hunter

Postby breckenmore » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Haven't gone yet but they had AR style rifles in the grand opening ad.
Treasurer- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/427747860594042>
breckenmore
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting