Field and Stream Cranberry?

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Field and Stream Cranberry?

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:45 am

How was the grand opening today? How does the store stack up to cabelas, gander, etc?
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Re: Field and Stream Cranberry?

Postby hud521 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:00 pm

My opinion, not that great for waterfowl hunting! One very small row for waterfowl hunting, not worth the trip. For fishing, it was great! I was looking for a pair of new chest waders, and the did not even have any for duck hunting. Unless I could not find them, but no employees could find them either. Pretty dissapointed.
Maybe other guys will have a different opinion,( I saw Don there) but I will drive the extra few miles to go to Cabella's.
hud521
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:15 am

I agree, pretty weak. They did have a decent amount of steel loads in stock, I talked to a rep and he said they're ordering everything they can and what I saw wasn't the full inventory. They had 10 boxes total of 10 ga on the shelf. I'll go to the shooters bench in Russleton and have a larger selection. KDS and I stood in the waterfowl aisle, BS'd and left. It's a deer, archery and fishing store. I'm not really surprised.

They did have Echo and Zink calls. It's nice to have ONE retailer in Pgh selling decent calls.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 001kds » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:28 am

Don't forget the guy in his 30's that was wearing his brand new multi colored lanyard with his 6 brand new calls around his neck trying to talk shop to the zink calls staffer! I almost busted out laughing.
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 am

The highlight of the trip was ripping the Harley's down the backroad to get back home.

That guy was a little too pumped, KDS. He looked like a white bucket prostaffer, carrying his calls around. But, to each his own, you know? If that's what the guy wants to do, have at it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 001kds » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 am

Yes riding the harley's was the best part! Yeah I know what you mean about to each his own. But come on really wearing your lanyard to a store grand opening! lol That's something I would let my 7 yr old nephew do with my calls. Dang it if I would have known he was going to be there I bet I could of sold him a numbered limited edition signature series white waterfowler(skybuster) bucket! :biggrin:
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby bshaver » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 pm

There have been times in December or November when I've had alot of clothes on under my waders, that I would have paid you alot of money for a white bucket kds. Just gotta be selling em at the right place and time. Hard to find a leanin tree in the swamp, but I've never used a white bucket haha.
bshaver
hunter

Postby redrover44 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Just curious .. did anyone notice if they were selling ARs there? Field and Stream is owned by ***** sporting goods who pulled all the "assault weapons" off the shelves..
redrover44
hunter

Postby breckenmore » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Haven't gone yet but they had AR style rifles in the grand opening ad.
Treasurer- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/427747860594042>
breckenmore
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting