Geneva

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Geneva

Postby Fowl Sneaker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:04 am

Hey guys. Anyone been up to the swamp lately. Haven't been able to make it up there yet to scout around. Busted up my knee. But you bet that's will ill be for the opener.
Fowl Sneaker
hunter

Re: Geneva

Postby don taylor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:35 am

I've spent many openers there and unless you're headed in before 9pm the day before, you'll be left picking from the lesser spots. I've grown away from Geneva and only go there when fresh birds show mid season. I won't deal with the crowd of skybusters any more. It's not worth the headache.

Have a blast. There are ducks, as usual. Water level should be typical. The vegetation is very overgrown and as usual, the watery holes are small.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Fowl Sneaker » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:47 am

I've spent many nights in the swamp. Where usally the second ones there the Friday before. Just haven't been able to make it up and snoop around this year. I know last year it was some what thick. And the Chanel's where impassiable but found several good spots back there. But way to many guys. But we have fun.
Fowl Sneaker
hunter

Postby MyLabsHunt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Scouting Geneva on my kayak has been on my list... I think I'm going to head up there this weekend.

Do you guys think the marsh area would be any good for early goose season?

I'm going to be in the area for a Labor Day picnic and would like to get out for geese on Monday.
MyLabsHunt
hunter

Postby 001kds » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:10 am

Where is this geneva yinz speak of? Is it any good for wood ducks? Do I need a boat or can I just walk in? Do I need to scout before the season or can I just paddle out and find a spot opening morning? How many boxes of shells should I bring?
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby reelcranky » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:42 am

Where is this geneva yinz speak of? Is it any good for wood ducks? Do I need a boat or can I just walk in? Do I need to scout before the season or can I just paddle out and find a spot opening morning? How many boxes of shells should I bring?

Bring as many shells as you carry in your white five gallon bucket paddle in no scouting needed just setup downwind 50 yards from another group and start blasting :wink:
reelcranky
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting