Buzzerd Swamp

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Buzzerd Swamp

Postby Fowl Sneaker » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:00 am

Anybody ever had any luck there. I've hunted that several times and usally get one woody. Never any luck. But if your a trapper good place for muskrats and beaver. I think it involves a lot of jump shooting.
Fowl Sneaker
hunter

Re: Buzzerd Swamp

Postby Spunky » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:38 am

Hunted there many, many moons ago in the 70's once and that was enough for me. Drove 2 hours to get there, opening day , and never fired a shot or saw many birds. I think it would just be a place to hunt if you knew it really well. I'm sure it's changed since than.
Spunky
hunter

Postby HEYPRATT » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:20 pm

I hunted there opening day 2or 3 years ago. We saw some early action but once the youth hunters started to pheasant hunt the fields surrounding the ponds no duck would come anywhere near us.
HEYPRATT
hunter

Postby tsaylor1979 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Fowl Sneaker wrote: I've hunted that several times and usally get one woody. But if your a trapper good place for beaver.

Sounds like a bar I went to frequently in college.
tsaylor1979
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:30 am

:lol: hahhhhhhhh that was pretty good. Ive got a cabin pretty close to buzzard swamp, my extended family grew up in those parts. Ive shot a handful of woodies throughout the year but ive never figured out a spot that was good enough to warrant going in. I think its like a lot of public swamps, the good spots are going to be the places that are hard to get and nobody knows about and are off the beaten path.
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting