Jhonston folding goose decoys

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Jhonston folding goose decoys

Postby Fowl Sneaker » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:39 pm

I just got 6 vintage jhonston goose decoys. There not in
To bad of shape for how old they are. Can any one out there tell me some more about them. All I seem to come across is eBay sites and things like that. I beleive that they are from the 1030's or 40's.
Fowl Sneaker
hunter

Re: Jhonston folding goose decoys

Postby Boatman » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:56 am

Wow they must have been using spears to hunt back then, :biggrin:
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Re: Jhonston folding goose decoys

Postby don novicki » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:19 pm

I think you are probably about right but maybe the 40's and 50's. They were the Original photographic goose decoys but in B&W rather than full color full. I have many vintage duck hunting magazines and all of em have ad's for Johnson's folding decoys. If I remember correctly you could buy 12 for about 20.00 or there about in the magazines I have. I have no doubt that they would still do a good job in the field even today. I have several dozen and have thought about running a spread with them some time, but I just don't want anything to happen to them. If you send me a pm with your name and address I will try to look back thru my magazines and send you a copy of one of the ad's..........
don novicki
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting