What to do

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

What to do

Postby Stoneys52 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:24 pm

The opening day of resident goose season I went to a resivour where I saw signs of geese no geese that after noon I went to a stream and got three honkers this past Saturday I went to the same resivour no geese tomorrow I do not have to work until ten am and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions
Stoneys52
hunter

Re: What to do

Postby erp10 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

You cant kill em from sitting on the couch. Kind sounds like you should go scout tomorrow morning and hunt when you know where the birds are. Better to scout a day and have a chance later in the week then hunt tomorrow and not have a clue where the birds are for the rest of the week.
erp10
hunter

Re: What to do

Postby don taylor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 am

Keep scouting. Don't plan on convergences. Geese aren't deer. Find out where they are, then set up for them. Don't look for geese at 6 am and 8 pm, either. That's the roost, don't hunt the roost. You need to find them between 10 am and 4 pm and hunt them there.

Not trying to be a jerk, because I know I make errors when typing, but try and toss some punctuation in those sentences.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting