Hoping this seasons gonna be good

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Hoping this seasons gonna be good

Postby m3500 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Anyone else optimistic about this season being a good one? weathers starting to line up just gotta hope the birds cooperate.
If it flies it dies, if it just sits there it dies too.
m3500
hunter

Re: Hoping this seasons gonna be good

Postby vincentpa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:39 am

I hope so too. I have a good time anyway even when I don't shoot a lot. But it sure is nicer to get some shooting in when I wake up so damn early and freeze my butt off.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Spunky » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:10 am

Every pre-season is full of hope for a good year. This year is no different. But I live in reality and from the spring hatches that I've seen it looks to be a down year again for large ducks. Small ducks seem to be holding their own. Geese seem to be stable.

One hope that I wish would happen would be to get a good week of rain the week before the season starts. 12-24 inches would be great. Last few years I've been kept out of my opening week spot because of not enough water. It's a pain to pole the boat within a 100 yards of your spot and not have enough water to get there and no fun walking in the gray muck.

One good thing this year is the season starts later the same time Ohio's season starts. Won't have to worry about the birds hopping across the line to hide. They'll be pushed right back. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Spunky
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:24 am

I don't care if it ever gets below 50 degrees here, but we need North of us to freeze solid and in mid season. Farmers almanac is calling for a cold winter, so are some forecasts. I hope it holds true. We need that massive lock up to push those resident birds down to us. That sure would help my diver hunting too, these past two seasons have been miserable for divers.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:08 am

I'll second that Don. Some days it was colder down here than in Canada.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting