NEPA duck and goose hunters??

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

NEPA duck and goose hunters??

Postby Rdminch » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 am

Hey guys, been lurking for awhile but never posted. Not much of a computer guy. Any way, I spend most my time hunting in Bradford county. Mostly Wyalusing / Dushore area. On my 22nd year hunting. Got into waterfowl about 3 years ago. Just wondering if there's any others in the area. Don't seem to see to many. If any one is in that area I'd like to get together with a couple people. It gets boring alone in the blind after awhile. Most my buddies I hunt with are fair weather weekend warriors. I'm pretty dedicated and I think I get on there nerves trying to con them to come out when the conditions aren't ideal! Also ,before anyone gets there panties in a bunch I'm not trying to Internet scout... I've done my homework over the years and have plenty of public and private land I have access to. Also have my own gear. So if anyone is interested let me know! Have a good season guys!!
Rdminch
Newb

Re: NEPA duck and goose hunters??

Postby blackduckfever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 pm

I live just a little north of you and have experienced the same issues with my friends.....
blackduckfever
hunter

Postby Rdminch » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 pm

blackduckfever wrote:I live just a little north of you and have experienced the same issues with my friends.....

[quote]Just had a buddy cancel on me last Saturday. He had a fantasy football thing. Still not sure what that is... But it ended being my son and I and we ended taking a few geese and a lot of doves. He said if he knew it was gonna be good hunting he would have went. Made me laugh. Where about are you located?
Rdminch
Newb

Postby blackduckfever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Just up the creek in LeRaysville....I sent you a PM.....I think
blackduckfever
hunter

Postby BobF » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:29 am

I'm down near Harveys Lake. Would be nice to hunt with some new people. So me a pm if you want to meet. I also have gear and places to go.

sent from my S III using TapaTalk
BobF
hunter

Postby Dallashunter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 pm

i'm down in Dallas, in college so i can really only hunt decoys but ive got plenty of decoys and gear but am pretty limited on spots so if your ever down to do some hunting i'm down the road a little. shoot me a pm if you ever wanna go
Dallashunter
hunter

Postby gogetthedogs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Live in Wilkes-barre area but have hunted much in Bradford and Wyoming co. Have launched in Terrytown with 18" of snow - so I am pretty diehard too. have just acquired land in Troy so I am in the process of scouting that area. PM me if you want.
I don't have a catchy phrase to put here!
gogetthedogs
hunter

Postby git_em12 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:22 am

Live near towanda/sayre. Have decoys. Big dedicated duck boat. And love to travek to new places and meet new hunting buddies

Pretty die hard. Hunt the finger lakes extensively. And boston harbor and Niagra river
git_em12
hunter

Postby gogetthedogs » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:29 am

Goin closer to home first.
Last edited by gogetthedogs on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have a catchy phrase to put here!
gogetthedogs
hunter

Postby SQUAWKnemi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 am

where'd all these guys come from? haha one day theres three nepa guys and now its blowing up... Im here splittin time between Scranton and Hazleton
Some QUack And We Kill
SQUAWKnemi
hunter

Postby PALogger » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:34 am

Theres a lot more guys out there than you think. I was naive in thinking over here in Tioga County there wouldn't be as much pressure as I've seen this year from some tools who hunted geese in the early season. Set up 5 min before lST 450 yards in front of us, shot over a rad into a horse pasture and at a house etc. Already posted that rant on the HPA site but it still a sore topic. Im not going to point blame at anything in particular, but duck hunting is becoming the cool thing to do. Whether it be a certain TV show, or people feeling they dont see enough deer to get out and hunt them as hard, Im seeing more guys in the swamps than usual, and most havent a clue what they are doing or how to ID birds. And knowing the game wardens around here on a first name friendly basis, I know they have bigger things to worry about than duck hunters. Being self employed I hunt a lot of mornings middle of the week when its quiet. Dont see as many birds as sometimes having them bumped around helps, but its a lot more enjoyable for me that way.
PALogger
hunter

Postby git_em12 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:57 am

I couldn't believe the people I saw yesterday. And absolute slob hunters. Regardless whether its public ground or not. Have the common decency to go hunt somewhere else if there is already a group of peopke on a 1 acre swamp. Dont set yourself up to purposefully be in the other groups line of fire. And then start shooting 8 minutes before legal shooting time.

I hate duck dynasty. Lol. And I'll be damn glad when the weather turns cold and ice starts showing up and all the weekend wannabes will stay home and the real water men can head out to the big water and icy river to hunt
git_em12
hunter

Postby PALogger » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Git-em12 sounds like you had a rough opener. We had a pretty good hole. Lots of birds in way before legal time though. Buddies super expensive semi auto shotgun malfunctioned when he was trying to load it, and apparently ducks dont like LED headlamps and curse words while they swim in the swamp, because all the ones we heard pitching in took off in a hurry when he tried to deal with that overpriced paperweight. That said my wife said it sounded like a zombie apocolypse at our house, we are within earshot of a pretty good creek that a lot of early season heroes just march in to and hunt. Same deal, Ive asked permission to hunt a few places and been told no, but the first couple weekends there are still guys there. I dont think they even bother to ask.
PALogger
hunter

Postby Chris Hong » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Hey guys,
I'm a writer at The Citizens' Voice newspaper in Wilkes-Barre and co-author of our new outdoors section.

With duck season under way, I wanted to write about how locals are faring so far. If you're an experienced duck hunter, how is this season compared to ones in the past, and when do you expect the action to really pick up? If you're new to the sport, I'd love to hear about how you go into it and how you're doing this season. And of course, any other ideas about what I should touch on in the story are appreciated, too.

I'm fairly new to the area and trying to build up a network of people to make our outdoors section a success. Obviously not looking to find out where any of y'all are hunting. I'd imagine this would take 15-20 minutes of your time on the phone.

If you're interested, PM me and we can set up a time to chat.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. We're also looking for reader submitted pictures of your hunts.

-Chris
Chris Hong
Newb

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting