just when you think...

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

just when you think...

Postby blackduckfever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Figured I would share a story with everyone and hopefully this might help someone....Long story short. Second year hunting a sweet spot. Drove by and saw geese were on it. Stopped in to say hi the landowner and chit chat. A little background on them. They live out of state, inherited the farm (now abandoned)and gas royalties, built a new house (full of bees, the porch was vibrating)and are around just a few weekends a year. Generally speaking the guy is actually super nice. Said no problem with hunting again and good luck. I asked specifically "any special place to park?" "Nope, wherever you want". "Mind if my son and I hunt tomorrow morning?" "Go ahead." I thought sweet. Nice pond with hay field. Feathers all over. Can't walk anywhere without squishing the poo. This is gonna be great!!!! Next morning we are there around 5. Drive down the lane, drop off decoys. Set floaters in the water and bodies in the hay. Drive up the lane with no headlights. Hit the lights so I can make sure get through all the ruts ok and park across the street from the house. Have a good hunt, but come back to the truck to find a note from the wife saying that permission is withdrawn. My headlights woke her up at 6:45ish.....True story
blackduckfever
Newb

Re: just when you think...

Postby hud521 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:01 pm

That sucks! What a shame. Did you get anything that day?
hud521
hunter

Postby blackduckfever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:03 pm

We did get 3. The guy met me at the truck and told me how ticked off the wife was the wife was that we woke her up at 6:45. I tried to explain that it was still dark at that time and we didn't shoot til much later. That's how I found out about the headlights...
blackduckfever
Newb

Postby Rdminch » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:57 pm

6:45 isn't that early. I could see being aggravated by 3 or 4 am... I bet I can guess what state they our from!!!
Rdminch
Newb

Postby Boatman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Head lights don't wake people up unless there are already up. Noise does-Bang. You were lied to. But you probably know that. Maybe they thought you were going to hunt with a bow. :lol3:
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting