Motorized decoys?????

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Motorized decoys?????

Postby blackduckfever » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 am

This is my second year now hunting in Pa. I moved from a state where motorized decoys were legal. Not to start a debate about the effectiveness of them, but rather just to be educated why they are not legal here?
blackduckfever
hunter

Re: Motorized decoys?????

Postby Boatman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Because only real hunters hunt in Pa. :biggrin: They want to make it as tough as possible on us. No battery operated nothing, no baiting, have you seen the antler restrictions. :yes: Welcome to PA. :hammer:
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby m3500 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm

They want to make it as tough as possible on us.
That's one way of putting it boatman. It think it helps with the ducks not getting spooked and weary of spreads as quick but then again in Pa (depending on where you hunt) there are a TON of skybusters.
If it flies it dies, if it just sits there it dies too.
m3500
hunter

Postby don novicki » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:28 am

It's probably because we kill way too many ducks here in Pa.. Pennsylvania is only second to Arkansas for mallard killing so why would we need an unfair advantage like that....... :biggrin:
don novicki
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting