What do ya think?

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

What do ya think?

Postby erp10 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Finally grassed up the Four Rivers Ebads. Do you think I went heavy enough with the grass. I have more but was gonna use it to spruce up the grass later in the season when it starts to lose it fluff.
Attachments
20131006_171759-1.jpg
20131006_171735-1.jpg
erp10
hunter

Re: What do ya think?

Postby hud521 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Looks good! Hopefully you don'thave to drive very far, hate to see it all blow off by the time you get try there! Looks great though!
hud521
hunter

Postby erp10 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Yeah im kinda thinking I might take the cover and doors off if the raffia starts to blow off too much. I got it zip tied in pretty good though.
erp10
hunter

Postby PALogger » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:16 am

Question..how do you like that particular boat? Im a long time lurker on the site actually, usually over on HPA more than here, anyhow been toying with the idea of getting some sort of hunting boat to get away from the crowds. Started the early goose season with a bunch of clowns setting up 400 yards in front of us shooting over a road and at a house etc, just all around bad and I hate crowds. Never actually tried a layout boat and I know there are quite a few options out there, yours looks pretty sizable and stable though, and seems to get good online reviews. Any input would be appreciated.
PALogger
hunter

Postby erp10 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:31 am

So far I like the boat. I will let you know again once I get to hunt out of it. I didn't use it early goose so a all I have used it for is scouting and youth season. I'm trying to come up with plans on how to put a blind on to hunt two people out of it. I put a stump jumper mud motor on it and I haven't found anywhere I couldn't go that I wanted to.
erp10
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:31 am

You'll need more grass. Once the grass gets wet, it lays flat and doesn't cover as much as it appears to now. I'd guess you'd need double the amount.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby erp10 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:04 pm

vincentpa wrote:You'll need more grass. Once the grass gets wet, it lays flat and doesn't cover as much as it appears to now. I'd guess you'd need double the amount.

Thank you that's the advice I was looking for.
erp10
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting