Same problem different State........

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Same problem different State........

Postby pelletslinger25 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:10 am

Well my first PA hunt since moving up from Nc was a crap show. I did the scouting, had what I thought was a great spot. Rushed there after work for an evening hunt. Got all set up and ready to knock down some birds. But there was one big problem. There were a group of guys set up down from me a Lil ways and any duck that came remotely near them they shot at. Some of these birds were at least 80 yards up in the air. I swear they shot 3 boxs and maybe killed 2 ducks by luck. By the time they got to me I would have needed a 308 just to have a shot. Not to mention there callin spooked more birds than anything. They were terrible. So guys please take your time and work the birds into range and work the birds. And give urself an Actual chance. But other than that I saw a ton of ducks. I'm gonna try Wednesday when everone is working. Hopefully the skybusters won't be out like yesterday. And if anyone in the Kittanning/ Butler area wants to join me on Wednesday PM me. Feel better hunting the area with someone its a little hairy going in there by myself.
pelletslinger25
hunter

Re: Same problem different State........

Postby bassmaster624 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 am

i watched birds fly over me yesterday so high i thought no one would ever shoot at.guy's had decoy's out and started calling the second they circled they shot at them.kind of a repeat of last weekend.whooping cranes were flying and making there loud squak.two groups of guy's started blowing there goose call's.I left i cant wait for my spot to open up so i can enjoy meself.
women love me and bass fear me
bassmaster624
hunter

Postby Boatman » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:14 am

I had some Duck Dynasty wannabes skybusting cormorants twice. :no: Too bad they could not shoot.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby pelletslinger25 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:00 pm

I know what you mean bassmaster. I have it to hrs and then just packed up.
pelletslinger25
hunter

Postby bassmaster624 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:05 pm

it seems more people then not shoot at everything.i want some of there shells. what they are buying are better then mine.
women love me and bass fear me
bassmaster624
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:20 am

pelletslinger25 wrote:Well my first PA hunt since moving up from Nc was a crap show. I did the scouting, had what I thought was a great spot. Rushed there after work for an evening hunt. Got all set up and ready to knock down some birds. But there was one big problem. There were a group of guys set up down from me a Lil ways and any duck that came remotely near them they shot at. Some of these birds were at least 80 yards up in the air. I swear they shot 3 boxs and maybe killed 2 ducks by luck. By the time they got to me I would have needed a 308 just to have a shot. Not to mention there callin spooked more birds than anything. They were terrible. So guys please take your time and work the birds into range and work the birds. And give urself an Actual chance. But other than that I saw a ton of ducks. I'm gonna try Wednesday when everone is working. Hopefully the skybusters won't be out like yesterday. And if anyone in the Kittanning/ Butler area wants to join me on Wednesday PM me. Feel better hunting the area with someone its a little hairy going in there by myself.

Nice meeting you Saturday. Good luck.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting