Delaware River Duck Hunting

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Delaware River Duck Hunting

Postby creekkiller23 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Hello everyone I am new to this forum.

I am a new duck hunter I started hunting creeks out in Lancaster county about two years ago and I became addicted. I now live near the delaware river near Washingtons Crossing and New Hope. I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advise on hunting the delaware? Is it best to float the delaware river or find a spot to set up a decoy set. I have decoys and all the gear but I have seen some different tactics just wondering which one works best.

Thanks hope everyone did well yesterday
creekkiller23
hunter

Re: Delaware River Duck Hunting

Postby creekkiller23 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Not looking to steal anyone's spot I have my own spot i am just wondering what tactic is best
creekkiller23
hunter

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:16 am

SCOUT!
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby creekkiller23 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:14 am

Yeah thats kind of what I have been seeing in other posts as well and i feel that floating the river would just be a waste of time
creekkiller23
hunter

Postby Boatman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:30 am

I would float it to find the ducks, then set up in a likely spot. There will be places the ducks want to be,but when the shooting starts during the season all bets are off. There new places will need to be learned, The only way is to be out there scouting or hunting the ducks.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby creekkiller23 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:20 pm

thank you guys that is a huge help i look forward to hitting it hard the second season when the temperatures really drop
creekkiller23
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting