Erie, North East, Waterford pa area

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Erie, North East, Waterford pa area

Postby clymerfowler » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:06 am

I was wandering if there was anyone in this area that had room for another person for one hunt. I'm from Clymer NY which is about 30 minutes from Erie and am looking to hunt a new area and different birds. all i shoot up here are woodies and mallards with blacks mixed in. Im not looking to steal any stops as i wouldnt drive that far anyways just to hunt alone which is what i normaly do. Feel free to pm me if you want.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Re: Erie, North East, Waterford pa area

Postby 001kds » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Really :huh: . Oh that's right 30 mins away in pa we have pintails,gadwalls,widgeon,canvasback,barrows goldeneyes,snow geese,specks and sea ducks. Looks like someone's looking for spots when ny western zone is closed.
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:29 pm

001kds wrote:Really :huh: . Oh that's right 30 mins away in pa we have pintails,gadwalls,widgeon,canvasback,barrows goldeneyes,snow geese,specks and sea ducks. Looks like someone's looking for spots when ny western zone is closed.

Yeah dude. 30 minutes isn't anything to drive to hunt for me. :fingerhead:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:23 am

Wow guys really? when i say all i shoot are mallards blacks and woodies i mean it all i have by me are swamps and cornfields. Im 18 and work 2 jobs. i don't have the time or money to drive 30 minutes one way to hunt regularly. i hunt alone except for when the guy who got me into waterfowling gets a day off of work and can hunt. i was just asking if there was somebody who would like someone to hunt with them once. sorry i asked. ill go back to NY now and leave you PA guys alone. i have 2 spots near corry PA i can hunt when ny is out so give me a break
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby Boatman » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:28 pm

You guys are nuts. I would love to hook up with someone from NY. Last 2 years ducks held up in NY with the warm weather. Or didn't you know that. Same will prob happen this year. If I didn't live in the opp end of state I would be PMing him right now.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby 001kds » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:25 am

Boatman wrote:You guys are nuts. I would love to hook up with someone from NY. Last 2 years ducks held up in NY with the warm weather. Or didn't you know that. Same will prob happen this year. If I didn't live in the opp end of state I would be PMing him right now.
No we just see through the bs. Look he already has spots in corry. He lives in western ny 30 mins from erie pa. And yes I knew the ducks held up in ny the past two years that's why I hunt ny.
Traveling North America chasing the migration and making memories one shotshell at a time! KDS
001kds
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:23 am

you guys a *** holes. all i was asking is if anyone had room for another person in the blind somewhere new. i don't i want to steal your spots so you can call BS all you want. i was hoping this would be a little bit of a friendlier place. guess not. Sorry i was looking to hunt with new people.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby 001kds » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:10 am

clymerfowler wrote:you guys a *** holes. all i was asking is if anyone had room for another person in the blind somewhere new. i don't i want to steal your spots so you can call BS all you want. i was hoping this would be a little bit of a friendlier place. guess not. Sorry i was looking to hunt with new people.
:crying: :rolleyes: Watch the name calling there young buck. I was fighting wars in a desert while you were still crapping in your diaper! If you don't have enough money from working two jobs to drive 30 mins to hunt then you better get a third job. Or one that pays better. :thumbsup:
001kds
hunter

Postby Fowl Sneaker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:19 pm

I agree with Boatman. aim always looking 4 new huntin partners. I take guys to my spots to hunt. And if I arrive one day and there in one of my holes I showed them I don't care. Why can't we just get along.
Fowl Sneaker
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Gee -,I ain't crapped myself in 50 years!! And I drove an hour yesterday to see...nuthin! Put out my Bigfoots, saw - nuthin! So, Clymer - you can try Pymie in Crawford Co. No promises.

And I, dummy that I am, am going back for more next Saturday. Murderers' Row, 6 am. See youns there (?).

Whiskey for me, gas for m' truck.

Cheer up, boys. Life is way too short. Send one up to the Prime Mover, the Architect of all, in thanksgiving that you have the job(s) you have, the income you have, and the opportunities that He has given you.

And don't crap yourselves. Pants, diapers, whatevah. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:39 pm

i work for two farms and make 300 a week. i have a truck loan, insurance, and a phone bill. the loan is 175 a month and the insurance plus the phone is 150. i go through atleast a tank of gas a week between work, checking traps, and following geese. im not going to drive 30 minutes one way to hunt a spot when i dont know where the birds are or even if they are in the area and being by my self. i can go closer to home where i know i can see mallards, woodies, and geese. sorry for bothering you PA guys.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Boatman wrote:You guys are nuts. I would love to hook up with someone from NY. Last 2 years ducks held up in NY with the warm weather. Or didn't you know that. Same will prob happen this year. If I didn't live in the opp end of state I would be PMing him right now.

He lives in CLYMER-which is in south western NY-and actually further away from Lake Erie than well...Erie by about 25 miles. :lol3: As far as hunting North East, HC or Erie Co. in general, you're gonna find virtually every spot locked up and guys that are sick and tired of having their spots ganked out from under them from the guys they meet on forums like these and take to their spots, only to find the same dudes there the very next weekend. I have hunted Corry a bit, but not too much but I know there are some spots around the Wal Mart that hold birds. They get hit hard once they push south of the lake so good luck there. I do know Picadilly Hill game lands has seen some fools dumping goose carcasses there-pretty sure local guys hunting the fieldsI mentioned...
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
dsm16428
hunter

Postby The Weasel » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Don't let a couple crabby PA guys label all of us A holes in your mind. While we do have an unusually high percentage of A hole "hunters" in this state, we're not all bad. No shortage of places to hunt up that way, a little time with a map and scouting will go a long way. All of my spots are off the beaten path and we kill a lot of ducks. I would tell you where but I'm sworn to secrecy :fingerpt:

Good luck.

-Brian
The Weasel
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:00 am

The Weasel wrote:Don't let a couple crabby PA guys label all of us A holes in your mind. While we do have an unusually high percentage of A hole "hunters" in this state, we're not all bad. No shortage of places to hunt up that way, a little time with a map and scouting will go a long way. All of my spots are off the beaten path and we kill a lot of ducks. I would tell you where but I'm sworn to secrecy :fingerpt:

Good luck.

-Brian

Aaaaaaand you are now one of those "*****" hunters". :rolleyes:
dsm16428
hunter

Postby The Weasel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks! All the spots I hunt up that way were shown to me by good friends and I never reveal spots that others share with me, sorry. That's why they're still good spots. Call me whatever you like but that's the way it's supposed to be. You can take my advice that plenty of good places are to be had with some map and boot time scouting or you can wait here for someone to tell you where to go (no pun intended LOL). Have a nice day and good luck :biggrin:

-Brian
The Weasel
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting