Presque Isle

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Presque Isle

Postby minktrapper » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 am

as the migration winds down up here I'd say all in all my hunting buddy and I had a pretty good year. we were able to take advantage of 3 migration pushes. one was truly amazing as 100's, maybe 1000's of bluebill swarmed beach 11 just ahead of a cold front. I hope everyone else enjoyed the season up there as much as we did.
Attachments
DSC00130.jpg
minktrapper
hunter

Re: Presque Isle

Postby don novicki » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Still a long way to go at P.I.. I haven't been down there in a few days and maybe this weekend might be good. I was there this past Mon and there looked to be a fair number of Bills and Butterballs. When did you snap that picture? By the way nice work...... :thumbsup:
don novicki
hunter

Postby minktrapper » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:50 pm

thanks Don...that was taken back on Nov 12. yeah, still quite a bit of season left at PI...just hope we don't run out of migration. hoping we can get enough to hang around to make it fun up there....and keep the ice away.
minktrapper
hunter

Postby Fowl Sneaker » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:27 am

Good job. I very been waterfowl huntin for a couple of years since I was 12 and now aim 30. That's one place I have never hunted. And believe I have never seen Lake Erie. Seen all the other Great Lakes . And live 2 hrs from the lake. I have always told myself to drive up there and have a look around. And probely have now idea where to start. If you can give me any pointers I apriceate it.
Fowl Sneaker
hunter

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:31 am

minktrapper wrote:thanks Don...that was taken back on Nov 12. yeah, still quite a bit of season left at PI...just hope we don't run out of migration. hoping we can get enough to hang around to make it fun up there....and keep the ice away.

I think we'll be just fine with some more migration left.
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting