Moving Ahead to the Off Season.

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Moving Ahead to the Off Season.

Postby Woodywoodduck » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:03 pm

What is on Everyones List to do?

Clean Hen Houses, Woodduck Boxes?

Ice Fish?

Scout for that Gobbler for the Spring Season?

Get ready for Spring planting?

SEEK Permission for New places to hunt?

Help Stock Trout for Trout Season?

Hit the Sports Shows or Gun shows?

Post it up!

Keep everyone informed on what is going on....might help someone to do something new and interesting!

Keep Warm and if you are Heading to Harrisburg to the Show or Calling at the Duck and Goose Calling Contests, let us know :thumbsup:
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:49 pm

Yes dear what was it you needed :mrgreen:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodywoodduck » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:57 am

SCoutdoorsman wrote:Yes dear what was it you needed :mrgreen:

:toofunny:

I normally say, "Isn't it September YET? Your lists are Killing me"!

My Wife can not understand, How, I can lay on the Ground for Hours waiting for Birds or Setting in the Woods for up to 10 hours waiting for deer and not think it is too Cold, Yet when she asks me to hang Christmas Lights or do something called W-O-R-K outside in the Winter, I always try to use the Excuse "it's To C-C-C-C-COLD Dear" :yes:
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Going out on a limb

Postby macdaddy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:23 pm

Woody: check my topic in the "gear" forum (about LaCrosse boots). Why would I ask about them? What I'm saying here is that we equip ourselves to hunt in the cold weather; we do not equip ourselves to work in the cold weather. You are right. Women cannot understand this. Explain to your wife the difference - indeed, show her this post. Women must be made to understand. "Work" & "hunting" are different. I'm sure that after this explanation, your wife will understand. You too, SC. Explain this difference to the wife. Poor girls - they need us yet don't know it. :laughing:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:07 pm

I guess I am lucky in some ways. My wife always asks if I am hunting before she adds a new task ( to the ones I still have not done) for me. So at first I was thinking "cool, a way out of doing crap I hate." BUT she figured me out. She would ask me to do something (I did not want to do) And I would say, "OK honey but I WAS going to go hunting with the guys...I'll tell them I can't make it." She would tell me not to worry about it then, and then I would have to hastily plan a place to go hunt after work. Even if my "hunt" was just running the dogs. Now (because men are not as smart) When she asks if I am hunting that day (and I'm not thinking) and I say "no." She says "good...we need this done"...on and on and on.

I am going to try to replace "hunt" with "scout" during the summer and see if that works. She has never complained about the time I take to hunt...so I guess I owe her a few...and she knows it. Crap. When a woman gives you something or wants you to have something you want, there is something going on.

I want a new over/under shotgun. I want new rims for my Monte. She wants me to get both. RED FLAGS ARE FLYING! She waits a few days and then tells me she wants to re-do the kitchen. &#@%!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!
Now, us being guys we see nothing wrong with the kitchen. We do not see ugly cupboards. We like where the fridge is. Food gets made and we eat. And we don't think twice about the ugly tile and/or carpet when we clean up muddy dog pawprints off the floor.

My first wife was an unbearable nag that did not tolerate anything but attention to her. So I guess I am lucky now. But I have to go. She wants the garage moved over 3 feet to the right. Duck season is over...I can't get out of this one.
Snaph
hunter

lucky

Postby roscoesbuddy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:20 pm

i'm lucky i'm young enough to avoid the women and play ball in the off season and dream about the season to come.
"a day can change in one wingbeat"
roscoesbuddy
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting