motorized decoys in Pa.

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

motorized decoys in Pa.

Postby don novicki » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:02 pm

What would it take to get motorized decoys approved in Pa. ?
don novicki
hunter

Re: motorized decoys in Pa.

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:58 pm

When you find out let me know Don. In the meantime, after doing some modifications to my windduck and lucky duck air decoy, they'll spin in winds easilly as low 5 mph...
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby don novicki » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:44 pm

What you do to em.........add a motor ? :lol3:
don novicki
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

don novicki wrote:What you do to em.........add a motor ? :lol3:

Shhh! My secret is...looks around suspiciously...Dow 200 Dialectric lubricant. It's perfectly clear, totally inert and nontoxic, thicker than honey and a little goes a looooong ways! It's used for both insulating and damping applications as well as a super slick lubricant around electrical boards and provides excellent lubrication for most plastic and elastomeric surfaces. The rods and all contact points get a very THIN application of the stuuf and believe me, it's like there's almost no friction at all and the weird thing is, the thinner you apply it, the BETTER it works! I reapply maybe twice a year and if you get it on your hands, don't go and try to pick up anything breakable because you'll need a new one. :lol:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby SQUAWKnemi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:33 am

I keep rem oil and a couple small tools in my blind bag just incase u never know. But I put some rem oil on the mojo wind duck it is works pretty good too
Some QUack And We Kill
SQUAWKnemi
hunter

Postby Boatman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:47 am

Wind spinners suck, you can't depend on the wind to work your spinner. Most of the time only one wing spins,it stops with the light side up and spooks the ducks. Spinners,mojo's are over rated. However if you want to us one in Pa build a string spinner out of a old decoy and use the wind spinner wings. It works pretty well and are easy to make.Also you can move wings back to wind spinner for a windy day

There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting