rainy ducks and geese

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

rainy ducks and geese

Postby zippyduck » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:17 am

There were still a few ducks around after the deep freeze and we made it even fewer. We managed to bag 5 mallards, a common merg and hen hooded for my buddy to mount, and 3 geese.
We had his daughter who did not miss a day other than for school this year. She has had a great year with a trip to nodak, trapping her first beaver, and lots of geese, mallards and woodies. I would put her up against any of us for desire and toughness. Very fun watching her grow into a self sufficient outdoors woman.
Her last hunt of the year, yesterday.
Image[quote][/quote]
zippyduck
hunter

Re: rainy ducks and geese

Postby bassmaster624 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Nice hunt zippy.glad to see you have a young lady enjoying the sport.We more or less went out to get a shower no soap.cleaned my gun twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything.i had to travel to hunt and only 3 mallards flew over 1 came home.Between the rain and fog it must have kept the geese at bay.
women love me and bass fear me
bassmaster624
hunter

Re: rainy ducks and geese

Postby xxDuckWildxx » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Great stuff zippy! Glad to see someone was rewarded for their efforts in that mess!
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"-Thomas Jefferson
xxDuckWildxx
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting