My year in review (pic heavy) enjoy

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

My year in review (pic heavy) enjoy

Postby Coleman24 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:23 am

So I used to frequent DHC pretty often, I'd check in every once in awhile this year but was too busy to really ever post. Headed back home to PA now so I have a bit of down time.

Hunting to me has never been about numbers, we enjoy the hunt. The sunrise, getting birds to actually work the calls and decoys, and actually smacking the birds. It's the friendships you make a long the way and of course cooking/eating what you kill. There's something about waterfowling that has me hooked.. Here are some of my pics from the season, I made it out all but 4 days here in PA. And also traveled to NJ and VA beach/OBX..

It started in youth season taking my buddy an his nephew out, had some ducks work for him but he just couldn't connect, no worries, he knew what to do when the geese touched down. Image

North zone wasn't great for us this year, but we had some decent hunts and good memories!

I took some people out who never shot a duck, I believe I have them hooked now! But love showing them how ducks can work decoys. They were amazed you could call and actually have birds respond! These are some believers! Image

Some of our hunts from all over PA
Including the coldest day I ever experienced, -25 degree windchills. Image
ImageImage
PA isn't a great waterfowl state, but if you get out and put some time in it can produce.

Some trips I made this year included; Erie (with Mr.pymatuming), New Jersey (with jerseydutch), and VA beach/OBX with some good friends. Nothing beats having some of the best people around you while waiting for birds to work!
Friends and breakfast in the blinds! Image

Been after a canvasback for some time now, got plenty the last few days.. Got to finally taste all the hype market hunters gave the can. Wow was it good.
My first is going on the wall

I have plenty more photos I would love to share, but that can be a later post when duck depression sinks in and I want to reminisce some more. Now on to RP geese and spring snows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coleman24
hunter

Re: My year in review (pic heavy) enjoy

Postby xxDuckWildxx » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Good stuff as always. Awesome pics. Duck depression has already set in for me. Even though we were covered up with geese yesterday and got our 3 man limit by 8:30, it just didn't feel complete without ducks. I was just wishing we could have played with all the ducks that were decoying in. I'm going to miss getting home from work early on those rainy/snowy days and grabbing the dog and getting in the last hour of the day chasing ducks. Sad... :crying:
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"-Thomas Jefferson
xxDuckWildxx
hunter

Postby erp10 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:15 am

Well done :thumbsup:
erp10
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks erp10!

xxDuckWildxx thank you! And you are right, this morning I was up at 5 looked out side and started to get depressed. My one spot was piled full of birds, but it's done for this year.. Sad times :crying:
Coleman24
hunter

Postby pabucklessduckhunter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Great pics ! I always enjoy your post , I will try to post some pics of my year as well
pabucklessduckhunter
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:43 am

pabucklessduckhunter, thank you! Post up, I enjoy seeing how everyone made out throughout the season! :thumbsup:
Coleman24
hunter

Postby hud521 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Looks like a great season, and great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!
hud521
hunter

Postby PA Waterfowler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:12 am

Wow Coleman! Congrats on the pile of Canvasbacks! Looks like you had a great season like always!

I havn't been on DHC too much this year either. I've spent more time on HPA, but still not a lot.

I'll have to hit you up on that snow goose offer sometime here!! :lol3:

Thanks for sharing,

PA Waterfowler
PA Waterfowler
hunter

Postby mriggle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:29 am

Great pics Tyler!
mriggle
hunter

Postby Coleman24 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:25 am

Hud and mriggle, thank you for the comments. I have more pics that as I pull off the camera I will be sure to post up sometime!

PA Waterfowler, thanks! We will need to get together and see what we can do about the snow geese!!
Coleman24
hunter

Postby PA Waterfowler » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:41 pm

You got it Coleman!

I'll bring my 6 snow goose decoys :lol3: and some ammo for us!

PA Waterfowler
PA Waterfowler
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Nice! A according to your moderator ducks don't really show up in pensylvania. Looks like that's incorrect. Nice hunts :thumbsup:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting