Now what?

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Now what?

Postby don taylor » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:37 am

I guess it's that time of year again. I can't even weasel my way into a snow goose field across the state somewhere, waterfowl is done.

I'm going to be doing some fishing with the kids, everybody has a fresh rod on reel and they're finally at the age where I'm not constantly untangling knots and rats nests out of reels. I might even be able to take a rod of my own. I think I'm going to give coyote hunting a more serious try this summer as well. It's nice and warm and I could probably watch a field with the kids with me.

t
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Now what?

Postby don novicki » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:55 am

Good question Don. Boring time of year for sure and a long countdown til next season. Once the weather turns nice I'm going to build a new layout boat but that is the extent of what I have planned for myself. One thing for sure is I am NOT looking forward to all the yard work/lawn cutting and all the other stuff like that............................
don novicki
hunter

Postby tsaylor1979 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Just buy more duck calls. It doesn't cure the itch, but it helps me get through the summer.
tsaylor1979
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:27 am

I'm having some turned from Micarta this summer. I have a few in the works already.

Turkey is coming up, I haven't shot a spring gobbler in a few years. With any luck, I'll be buried in overtime just like every other May and not make it. Shooting a single bird standing on the ground doesn't do very much for me these days. I'm considering my bow or my old 20ga just because they're so dusty.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Boatman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 am

A 20 gauge works fine for turkeys. Here's last years youth hunt. To get you going.

There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting