yearlings

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

yearlings

Postby bassmaster624 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:11 pm

I was out on the boat sunday and noticed the first batch of little geese.these were tucked away in the red brush where the pgc must have not wanted to go.most of the others on the island are marked for death.saw a doe on the island to she looked like she was getting ready to download.there are lots of mergansers on the lake this year hope they move on before they breed.as for the fishing it was awesome seen some muskies up shallow and the bass fishing was awesome.
women love me and bass fear me
bassmaster624
hunter

Re: yearlings

Postby don taylor » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 am

I haven't seen any as of yet, but I've been very busy and not looking for the past week. I'm sure there are some around me as well.

Oiling eggs on a lake the borders a propagation area for waterfowl makes zero sense to me. I guess the 9 people who like using the 'beaches' are a louder bunch than the thousands of duck and goose hunters.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Spunky » Fri May 02, 2014 2:19 pm

They won't have to oil the eggs at Shenango this year, a lot of the nest were washed away with all this rain. Lake came up 3 feet and floded quite a few nest.
Spunky
hunter

Postby bassmaster624 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:19 pm

water levels every year seems to always get afew.iam really shocked about Wilhelm. geese every where and most a laying.
women love me and bass fear me
bassmaster624
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting