Ducky's Boats --- Read Before You Buy!!

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Ducky's Boats --- Read Before You Buy!!

Postby OKChessieMan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Ducky's Boats and I agreed upon terms of a 2472 SeaArk boat, 140Hp Suzuki motor, and Venture aluminum tandem axle trailer purchase in May of 2014. I was approved for a loan through a lender with Ducky's. A check was sent overnight to Ducky's Boats in the amount of $3,000 for a down payment on my loan. Ducky's was to perform several modifications to said boat and deliver on or before June 15th, 2014. These were a Lowrance HDS-8 fishfinder/gps, float pods, minn-kota trolling motor, and install a side console all the way at the front of the boat. Nothing life-altering or huge, just basic mods.

I was leaving on vacation on June 22nd, and was promised I would have the boat to enjoy before then. The time came and passed, and I was told that the boat wasn't ready but would be next week (on three separate occasions). When I told them I was out of town, they responded that that would be great, they could take their time and finish the boat before I got back and deliver it to me. It is now July 11th, 2014 and I have yet to see the completed product that I signed and sent a down payment on.

4 pictures have been sent to me, and they show everything except the correct trailer. I have spoken with several dealers, all say that an in-stock boat with that level of modifications should be completed and delivered in less than a week. Total time billed for the modifications would be under 12 hours. All of the parts could be sent Fed-Ex or UPS, resulting in delivery in less than 5 days at their most inexpensive shipping option.

I have yet to have one single inbound phone call from Ducky's Boats after they deposited my check, that would be approximately June 12th, 2014. Every attempt to contact them has resulted in a promise to have my call returned, only to hear nothing.

Ducky's is refusing to refund my $3,000 down payment, stating that since they did the work to the boat they won't give it back. I was never NEVER told it was non-refundable, or I would have never purchased a boat 3,000 miles away. Not to mention the fact that I have yet to see the completed package, they have yet to give me a delivery date, and have missed their promised delivery date by a month!!!!!!!
OKChessieMan
hunter

Re: Ducky's Boats --- Read Before You Buy!!

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:24 pm

Sounds like you should call an attorney :thumbsup:
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Re: Ducky's Boats --- Read Before You Buy!!

Postby Boatman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Should have come on here and ask before you deal with any dealer in this state. Did you move cuz in the Honey hole you stated 1200 miles away?
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting