is any one home?

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

is any one home?

Postby roscoesbuddy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:13 pm

i'm just curious if woody is the only one using this forum. i'm really interested in hearing form the PA guys what ducks you guys saw and shot this fall. i just recently started hunting and i'm scouting my area head to toe looking for new places that might hold ducks so any storys of what ducks you saw and were will give me ideas of areas to looks for with similar charactistics. thanks
"a day can change in one wingbeat"
roscoesbuddy
hunter

Postby Pigger » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:40 am

I check in occasionally. I hunt Lancaster county for ducks and geese. I mostly concentrate on the geese though. We kill mallards, woodies, gw teal and some divers on the susquehanna river here.
Pigger
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:04 am

I just recently found this site . I duck hunt in mercer county .
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Ducks

Postby Honkers41 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:21 pm

ros i'm down here in bucks county...we got into some goldeneyes,woodies,teals and mallards dow here......and see a few black ducks....on the delaware....hopefull this year i'll get my black duck on the river...i had them comming in thes past season...but waited too long to take a shot...but i won't hesitate this year!!!Honkers41
Honkers41
hunter

Postby Drake Taker » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:59 am

I live in Altoona and hunt small lakes,creeks and beaver ponds. Last year I shot mallards, woodies and for the first time wigeons. Usually I get a few divers that swing over to take a look my spread but not last year. I read some of the posts on this board about repainting old mallards as bluebills & I gave it a shot & they turned out pretty good. Anybody else in PA ever try putting a group of divers outside your puddlers?
Drake Taker
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting