Lycoming county and southwest pa

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Lycoming county and southwest pa

Postby gustaveberg » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey everyone, been lurking around this forum for awhile figured I'd finally post something.

Lookin for people in lycoming county to hunt with, I go to Penn College in Williamsport, and yes I know Lycoming isn't the best place for ducks or geese. I have scouted some places the past 2 years I have been there that don't look bad and I have seen ducks and geese on occasion in these spots....not lookin for someone to show me their honeyholes....trust me...I know that. I have been going out for ducks and geese with my dad since I was 5 and started shooting them when I was old enough to hunt, so you don't have to worry about me not havin gear or anything. I have always primarly hunted lakes, streams, swamps, etc...but I have just recently acquired decoys for field hunting. I have about 5 dozen silhouettes for geese and a dozen shells. When it comes to ducks I have about 80-100 floaters...although I won't have all those at school...just because of storage problems. I will have a kayak up there, and sometimes will have my lab....she's not a champion field trial dog or anything but I haven't lost many birds with her.

Also when I'm home on the weekends I do most of my hunting in the east side of westmoreland and up into somerset county.

If anyone is interested in meeting up sometime this fall let me know, I don't know anyone else up there who really hunts for waterfowl, and it gets old tryin to go out alone.

Lookin forward to hearin from you guys
gustaveberg
Newb

Re: Lycoming county and southwest pa

Postby gustaveberg » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:34 am

Chirp...Chirp....ahhh the lovely sound of crickets
gustaveberg
Newb

Postby Nate_F » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:14 pm

I call Lycoming County home (currently in CA though) and I will be returning this fall, at least for a few weeks and I plan on doing quite a bit of duck hunting. Not too much pressure on ducks in Lycoming County although we don't have an overabundance of ducks either it seems. I can get a hold of you if I'm back during duck season...
Nate_F
Newb

Postby gogetthedogs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Sorry I can't help with the hunting, but your story sounds familiar.
I went to Penn Tech and had a trailer with a bunch of guys from Somerset. Did not get much duck hunting in there but have a few fishing and small game spots around there.
Good times! :beer:
I don't have a catchy phrase to put here!
gogetthedogs
hunter

Postby gustaveberg » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:37 am

Sounds exactly like my situation. Lycoming does definitely have some good small game areas, and a lot of good fishing areas! Also Nate_F I'll send you a PM
gustaveberg
Newb

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting